Re: My computer is still freezing when I start Origin

by TheKingPossums

Original Post

My computer is still freezing when I start Origin

★ Apprentice

After two failed attempts by your tehnicians to fix this issue will  I ever get fix for this issue or I must assume that Origin is faulty program that cannot be fixed?

Message 1 of 7 (952 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

ecimir ensure that your Firewall and/or Antivirus are not blocking the connection. The easiest way would be adding an exception for the Origin Client,

You need to do this> add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports http://help.ea.com/en/article/connection-issues-with-origin/#1

Have you tried launching Origin with Antivirus disabled, to see if your Antivirus is conflicting with Origin, causing this?

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 7 (938 Views)

★ Apprentice
Yes i tried both. Not working.
Message 3 of 7 (927 Views)

★ Apprentice

origin freezes my PC as well. It did not used to but then they updated and of course problems occur because of their update. I thought I was only one to have PC freezing when origin opens. I am surely glad to hear someone else has the problem too.

Message 4 of 7 (920 Views)

★★ Novice

Since at least mid March I have been having this trouble as well. Launching Origin causes my computer to freeze requiring a manual shutdown.

I suspect it has something to do with a Microsoft Update.

The timing of the Microsoft patch Tuesday (March 10th, 2015) and my Origin issues are possibly coincidental but I think KB3021952 (and it's roll-ups....can't think of their KB #'s) changed certification verification's and my guess is that between EA, Microsoft and A\V vendors, something got mucked up in their whitelist.

Can't verify this since but I know that between Feb 10, 2015 Microsoft patch Tuesday and March 10, 2015 patch Tuesday things worked fine. I just don't have  a system restore that goes back that far.

Tried everything mentioned and of particular interest is the fact that I can run Origin just fine with A/V  and Firewall disabled (Kaspersky KIS2015)

adding origin as an exception does not work only full disable of Kaspersky A/V & Firewall does.

Thus it is something wrong with communication to my A/V and unfortunately, I think Kaspersky would be the least likely to fall behind on catching this and nothing else on my system is having this problem (read: they whitelisted everything appropriately)

Again, my guess is a Something from Microsoft Patch Tuesday March 10, 2015.

But, I don't use Origin enough or care enough to keep running through troubleshooting. I'm done with Origin and uninstalling this hot mess

Literally the only software out of hundreds of pieces of software I have that consistently has problems....so not worth it.

Message 5 of 7 (910 Views)

★ Apprentice

It also stated to happen to me after new windows and origin update. Seems they cant stand each other.

Message 6 of 7 (901 Views)

★★ Novice

The latest Microsoft Update now causes Origin to freeze when I attempt to launch it.  The update is the only thing that changed.  An exception exists for my firewall and anti-virus.  Again, the ONLY change was an UPDATE.  Please work out a fix with Microsoft.  I don't even bother playing BF3/4 anymore because of this.  Perhaps I'll try playing again in a week or so and see if the problem has been solved.  You are losing a customer EA.

Message 7 of 7 (847 Views)