Re: My avatar changed

by kneekoo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My avatar changed

★★★★ Pro

Hello

One hour ago my avatar picture on this forum changed though I hadn't done anything (it changed to a panzer from some war game).

I have changed it back and also changed my EA password, but I'm still worried - have I been hacked or is this just a glitch? 

Message 1 of 4 (864 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Nothing to worry about @alanmichael1, it can happen from time to time and when it does you can simply change it back to your prefered avatar. It can sometimes be a case that you have multiple AHQ accounts linked to the one email and it, when logged in a caching issues, caused the avatar to be different.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (819 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Nothing to worry about @alanmichael1, it can happen from time to time and when it does you can simply change it back to your prefered avatar. It can sometimes be a case that you have multiple AHQ accounts linked to the one email and it, when logged in a caching issues, caused the avatar to be different.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (820 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My avatar changed as well, but when I tried to set it back to the one I had, I noticed the Need For Speed avatars are no longer present. So I assume it changed because the system automatically gave me a random one after what I had was no longer available.

However, why on Earth remove the NFS avatars? Is EA no longer interested in promoting the brand?

Message 3 of 4 (740 Views)

★ Guide
My avatar occasionally changes, but it's happened twice this week. I always change it back to the plumbob, because that's pretty much an EA constant. It does make me nervous from a user standpoint. Sorry to bump an old thread, but that's what the search suggested I do.
Message 4 of 4 (668 Views)