My account was stolen

by jirnea

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My account was stolen

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I'm using my sister's account since mine was stolen.

Well, my account was stolen a few months ago but I didn't realize because I was busy at that time, now I'm trying to contact EA to help me, but I can't find the live chat option, and my country, Colombia, is not listed in the 'Call me' Section.

How could I contact EA by chat? 

Are there any other ways I could use to contact them?

Message 1 of 6 (405 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My account was stolen

Hero

@jirnea Often account issues like this have to be dealt with by phone, unfortunately regardless of whether you live in a country where EA has a call centre.

If your country is not listed, it's recommended you set the country to the US or UK (I'd go with whichever best matches with your time zone, since certain contact options are only available during certain operating hours). If the live chat option is then available, great, use that. If not, the phone is the only option. Since you don't have a phone number in the selected country, you will have to call them. It's recommended that you use a VOIP program, such as Skype, to do this, as it should be much cheaper than making an international call from a landline or mobile. Remember to take the time difference into account when you call, they won't be around in the middle of the night. Wink

Remember to have proof of your ownership of the account handy when you call. If you've purchased games through Origin, you should have received email receipts, those may help. An EA employee will never ask for your password.

Also be sure to get the security questions reset, often in these cases the hackers change them, and you have to go through the whole 'hacked account' process again (including the phone call) to change them.

Hope this helps. Once you get your account back, I recommend using Login Verification to try to prevent this from happening in future. Good luck Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (392 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@jirnea Often account issues like this have to be dealt with by phone, unfortunately regardless of whether you live in a country where EA has a call centre.

If your country is not listed, it's recommended you set the country to the US or UK (I'd go with whichever best matches with your time zone, since certain contact options are only available during certain operating hours). If the live chat option is then available, great, use that. If not, the phone is the only option. Since you don't have a phone number in the selected country, you will have to call them. It's recommended that you use a VOIP program, such as Skype, to do this, as it should be much cheaper than making an international call from a landline or mobile. Remember to take the time difference into account when you call, they won't be around in the middle of the night. Wink

Remember to have proof of your ownership of the account handy when you call. If you've purchased games through Origin, you should have received email receipts, those may help. An EA employee will never ask for your password.

Also be sure to get the security questions reset, often in these cases the hackers change them, and you have to go through the whole 'hacked account' process again (including the phone call) to change them.

Hope this helps. Once you get your account back, I recommend using Login Verification to try to prevent this from happening in future. Good luck Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 6 (393 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have been hacked, there seems to be a large rash of stolen accounts at the moment. This is bad.

Message 3 of 6 (367 Views)

EA DICE Team

@CrzMF

Sadly, compromised accounts are an ever ongoing occurrence, for any company, when dealing with accounts in an online environment. I would recommend to go through our article on maintaining account security to avoid getting hacked again in the future.

Message 4 of 6 (350 Views)

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 6 (307 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Warrrior6081

Thanks for the added information.

Message 6 of 6 (294 Views)