Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

My account has been hijacked and I am almost sure the hacker was cheating.

by A_Lucid_Interval

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

My account has been hijacked and I am almost sure the hacker was cheating.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey,

To start things off I want to say I'm primarily using my account for Apex Legends (for a few years nothing but Apex)

For some time I've been noticing some strange things, like my keybindings getting altered but I ignored it (I have pretty specific keybinds). Yesterday I got a bit suspicious. My in-game rank increased and on my friendlist I saw people I haven't invited myself. I tried contacting them but none replied (even those online and in-game at the time). It was fishy but I haven't logged in a few days so I assumed I just forgot (my friendlist is pretty clutered).

Finally - today I've been force-logged-off from my account. I immediately changed password and set a secondary mail. After the process one of the people on my list messaged me.The guy was writing a bit incoherently but it turned out whoever used my account used aimbot and wallhack in Apex. Apparently the 'friend' saw that, reported my account and added me to, according to him 'say bad thing to hacker'. I also learned the hacker was playing on Singapore servers (normally I'm on Frankfurt). Apart from that today my (genuine) friend told me that on my account he saw achievements I normally wouldn't get. I must've missed it yesterday - indeed they were on my account. That's how I know for sure. The hacker was cheating on my account but my account hasn't been locked yet.

So here is my question - can I do anything in this situation? Perhaps all I can do is to wait for an inevitable ban? I would gladly get my account reset to a state from a few weeks before if it lets me keep all cosmetics (some of them are limited). I've already submitted a ticket to EA with a 'hacked account' flair but I have never contacted EA support before and it doesn't let me describe my problem right away.

Edit: My friend told me that the hacker was playing in a full party all the time. This means the people on my friendlist may be hackers/hacked accounts as well.

Thanks for reading,
I'm an ESL - if anything's unclear I'll try to clarify.

Message 1 of 2 (160 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My account has been hijacked and I am almost sure the hacker was cheating.

Community Manager

Hello there, @Creakymidy  I recommend that you reach out to EA support for help with your account and make sure that everything is secure, not something we can help with here on the forums.

Also how to make sure your account is safe: 

How to contact EA support:

If you get banned please follow this link: 

/Atic

Atic.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Tag me with @EA_Atic if you are responding to me. Thumbs up

* If you like the comments of other players please give them XP.  

* If someone has helped and solved your issue please accept it as a solution. Standard smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (127 Views)

All Replies

Re: My account has been hijacked and I am almost sure the hacker was cheating.

Community Manager

Hello there, @Creakymidy  I recommend that you reach out to EA support for help with your account and make sure that everything is secure, not something we can help with here on the forums.

Also how to make sure your account is safe: 

How to contact EA support:

If you get banned please follow this link: 

/Atic

Atic.png

* Tag me with @EA_Atic if you are responding to me. Thumbs up

* If you like the comments of other players please give them XP.  

* If someone has helped and solved your issue please accept it as a solution. Standard smile

Message 2 of 2 (128 Views)
Twitter Stream