My account has been hacked! I can't access the EA Help website.

by Elmertusk18

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My account has been hacked! I can't access the EA Help website.

★★★ Newbie

Okay my pc has been broke for a few months and i fixed it recently and then i download orgin and log in but my account is different  and they took one of my games im guessing and i got the email about how they changed my email but the link was broken, so can any staff help me?

Message 1 of 3 (210 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My account has been hacked! I can't access the EA Help website.

Hero

@Elmertusk18 These boards are peer-to-peer technical support, not a method to contact EA. You will need to open a hacked account ticket, which you can do from here. Remember to set the country so appropriate contact options are shown. If your country isn't an option, it's recommended you set it to the UK or the US (I'd suggest whichever is closest to you time-wise). If no contact options are available, ensure you're trying at a time you'd reasonably expect them to be operating (some countries may not operate on weekends).

Some account issues must be dealt with over the phone for security reasons. If you don't live in a country where the phone is a contact option, or you don't have access to a phone, you can use a VOIP program such as Skype to make the call (this should be cheaper than making an international call over a landline or mobile). It's recommended you set the country to the US or UK to do this (remember to take time differences into account). 

Make sure you have proof of your ownership of the account handy (if you've purchased anything from Origin, a receipt or game code would do nicely), will hopefully make the process go faster. I also recommend getting them to reset your security question, as often these are changed by hackers. 

They should not have been able to remove a game from your account, as far as I'm aware. The game advisor should be able to help with that when you contact them about your account.

Good luck Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (203 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@Elmertusk18 These boards are peer-to-peer technical support, not a method to contact EA. You will need to open a hacked account ticket, which you can do from here. Remember to set the country so appropriate contact options are shown. If your country isn't an option, it's recommended you set it to the UK or the US (I'd suggest whichever is closest to you time-wise). If no contact options are available, ensure you're trying at a time you'd reasonably expect them to be operating (some countries may not operate on weekends).

Some account issues must be dealt with over the phone for security reasons. If you don't live in a country where the phone is a contact option, or you don't have access to a phone, you can use a VOIP program such as Skype to make the call (this should be cheaper than making an international call over a landline or mobile). It's recommended you set the country to the US or UK to do this (remember to take time differences into account). 

Make sure you have proof of your ownership of the account handy (if you've purchased anything from Origin, a receipt or game code would do nicely), will hopefully make the process go faster. I also recommend getting them to reset your security question, as often these are changed by hackers. 

They should not have been able to remove a game from your account, as far as I'm aware. The game advisor should be able to help with that when you contact them about your account.

Good luck Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (204 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have been hacked, posted on the boards but I understand that I need to contact customer service at the "available hours". Frustrating, but oh well.

Message 3 of 3 (177 Views)