Re: My account appears to have been wiped.

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My account appears to have been wiped.

★★★ Newbie

I previously had an origin account that was recently removed. I have no idea what the circumstances behind this are, but it's a very strange occurrence. I attempted to log into my origin account today but have failed with every attempt. I used every password I use along with every email I've used and have had no success. I've had to remake my origin account, and none of the games I previously have owned. I've read the FAQ and it says that there are security measures in place to prevent hackers from having accounts deleted; however, it seems that despite that my account is missing. I don't believe that my account was compromised, but I still have no idea what has happened. If I need to post this thread somewhere else or provide more information, then I would be happy to do so.

Message 1 of 4 (762 Views)

Accepted Solution

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I've just explored my emails a bit further and have found out that my account has in fact been compromised. My account's email has been changed to something else. This happens to explain why I have failed to login several times, why my email was available, and why all attempts at password recovery have failed. I'll attach a picture of the email here.

Message 2 of 4 (761 Views)

Community Manager

@Crossu88 Hi,

As Madrag0n hat highlighted, you will want to follow the instructions here in order to restore the original account.

Note: If you think your FIFA account has been compromised, there is a different process. For all other concerns, please use the steps below.

If you believe someone else has gained access to your EA Account, you can get help restoring your account security from one of our EA Advisors. To reach support without signing in, open an Account Security ticket. At the top of the login form, you will see the option, "Click here if you cannot sign in." Click that link to proceed.

Click the link labelled

Be sure to have as much of the following as possible when speaking with the advisor:

• Access to the original email account on your EA Account 
  • Access to the Internet or a gaming console the account is linked to 
  • Any invoice numbers or product codes from games you have purchased

Once you are again able to access your account, please review our detailed instructions on maintaining your account security. We particularly encourage you to make use of our Login Verification feature.

Source: http://help.ea.com/en/article/i-think-somebody-hacked-my-origin-account-what-can-i-do-now/

Note: Once on the support site, click on the flag in the top left corner and select your country. If yours is not listed, you can place an international call to the UK: +44 203 0141818 (Available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday)

Thank you,
Nils

Message 4 of 4 (726 Views)