Re: My Spore cd key already used? PC HELP!!

by EA_Kent

Original Post

My Spore cd key already used? PC HELP!!

★★★ Newbie

So i have not played my spore game in years... but i wanted to play it i have the cd version and right on the backside of the manual is the CD key. i punch this cd key into Origin and it says its a spore key! then on the next screen tells me this key is already in use..... How? am i doing something wrong or did someone steal my key and now im screwed? any help would be greatful 

Message 1 of 7 (2,254 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Shm00e The key on the box won't work with Origin, try contacting EA Support they will be able to add the game for you.

Message 2 of 7 (2,230 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ty very much i feel much better now. thought i got robbed lol

Message 3 of 7 (2,223 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Spoiler
respect, I have the original game batlfild 4 and have account in origin, but we constantly says when I enter the registration number of games that someone else is using, and that's me, I wiped everything from computers and have no game in it, how to activate the game? thanks
Message 4 of 7 (2,220 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@miodrag75

To check what games you have in your account Origin do this steps and make sure you are logged into the account on which the game/s were registered.

If you received a message,"code already used",it means the game code has been registered in your account and as a result of this message you must follow this steps.
-be sure you have "Show: All Games" in MY GAMES selected and look at "Hidden Games" because manually hidden games will not appear in the "All Games" view.
- click on the "My Games tab" as shown in the screenshot below, after you have done with this, you will see a button with an circle arrow on the left hand side -this is the "reload games" button. Click on it, and you see all the games registered to your account.

NOTE Make sure you are the administrator, run the setup file Origin with Admin rights http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/#2
And go to in Origin>Application Settings>Origin Beta Participation-tick-Update to the beta version when available
Now is time to restart Origin.

Greetings

@yahel_1

I am just a gamer wich trying to help another gamer.
I do not work for EA.

Spoiler
Constantly updating drivers is a good way to Mess'up the whole system. ""Don't fixit with it if it ain't broken!""

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.- Ask, and it shall be given you.

Retired champion.
Message 5 of 7 (2,214 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Dude, you are tricked. You have bought the key in bad shop. The main problem, that you can't prove, that it wasn't activated by you on other account, so you won't get money back or get another key. Frankly speaking, there was a period in my life, when I bought the games only in Steam or UPlay, because I read a lot of forums, where there described situations, like your one, and I didn't want to be tricked. But my friend has gifted me the key of "FIFA 20" this year, which was bought in the internet shop, and you know, it was a good one, I mean, that I activated it. So, I buy Steam Keys only there now. So, don't let you trick more, so buy things and games on the internet only on proved sites.

Message 6 of 7 (1,476 Views)

Community Manager

Locking this thread to prevent further necro-posting. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 7 (1,458 Views)