Re: My Sims 4 Game won't update

by llamas1_112

Original Post

★★ Novice

I try to repair the game, but it says to check my internet connection (which is perfect) or try again later (which i have) i do have CC though

Message 21 of 26 (947 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem it gets to preparing the update and gives me an error message saying something about saying yes to a windows prompt but I never get the prompt. I have tried to do what the EA person said but I can’t find the settings to change that will fix it.

Message 22 of 26 (856 Views)

★★★ Novice
  1. It’s been a few years and everything I have tried does not help. I’ve been on the phone with people and on here. It’ll work right up until they hang up then it doesn’t work again. I would love to play again but I just don’t have the time to wait on the phone for someone to help everyday. 
Message 23 of 26 (822 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My says the same thing, it shows a window saying I need to say yes but nothing shows up for me to say yes . I did everythng and nothing works 

Message 24 of 26 (715 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was uable to apply the latest patch. Then I realize that I was clicking my start game icon and NOT the origin app.

Once I started the origin app it patched fine.  User error!

Sharing incase someone else makes the same mistake

Message 25 of 26 (560 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I see the update issue has been around for a while. Every time there is an update (since the beginning of this year), I have to manually update through settings - otherwise, the game does not give me the the option. After it updates, I have an "update" button where "play" should be.

My husband knows a workaround, but it's a pain and takes a long time. Is there any word on fixing the issue?

Message 26 of 26 (369 Views)