Re: My Sims 4 Game won't update

by mariaa12346

Original Post

★ Novice
It was all the families. I got fed up and uninstalled the game. I finally went in and deleted all of my saved files (households, families, etc.) because I was tired of messing with it. I then reinstalled the game and it works now.
Message 11 of 26 (1,619 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this issue. I have tried everything suggested but no update starts no matter how many times I click it. There is no "repair game" option anymore like there used to be. I am going to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Disappointed

Message 12 of 26 (1,605 Views)

★★ Novice
Hello! If you can't update and you already tried many solutions, go to Origin Client Menu -> application settings -> advanced -> and enable Safe Mode downloading. If it worked for me, it will SURELY work for you!
Have a nice day, and happy simming everybody!!
Message 13 of 26 (1,590 Views)

★★★ Newbie
sort of same for me, but it won't let me click the 'Update Game' button.
Message 14 of 26 (1,515 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Jessica1212113

Try clearing Origin's cache, after that, try the solution in this thread again!

Message 15 of 26 (1,502 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! I have had 6 months off SIMS4. I logged on last night and it asked me to Update. So I did...and the game played fine, as far as I can tell. I did go offline halfway through my game to save data. But tonight when I logged on again...it's insisting on Updating again...which I am doing. But it is taking waaaay longer. To cut to the chase.. WHY am I being asked to Update two nights in a row? I thought the whole point of having the base game and packs saved online - is that it KNOWS when you have updated, etc. Please Help!

Thanks!

Message 16 of 26 (1,471 Views)

★ Novice
My game won't even launch, crashes from start and I tryed reinstalling, repairing sims I even reinstalled Origin but nothing seems to help.

Posted several mails to support of origin with no answer.
Message 17 of 26 (1,454 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
It won't repair, no matter what I try
Message 18 of 26 (1,381 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried this and my game still won’t update. It won’t even let me repair it

Message 19 of 26 (1,270 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hello, 

I would like to issue the same problem, just for my PS4, I hant been of Sims 4 for 4 weeks? maybe 5, and the 2.00 update keeps eroding, my network is completely fine, give a gall some help,

<3

Message 20 of 26 (1,196 Views)