Re: My Sims 4 Game won't update

by sdhale82

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims 4 Game won't update

★★★ Novice
I love the sims 4 game I use to play it hours on end. But since early June it has asked me to update. I have tried countless times to update it. One time it was nearly finished but it popped up that it encountered an error. My wifi is perfectly fine but what I don't understand is why my game won't update. I've had problems in the past trying to get the game to load. I uninstalled then reinstalled to work it. It never ended up working (this was sometime in June). I still have no got to update and play it since. I would really like some help. Thank you.
Message 1 of 26 (24,056 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

@mackenzieldk Please restart your computer, make sure that you are running Origin with Administrator rights, enable Safe mode downloading in Application Settings - Advanced (top left corner of Origin client, in Origin menu) and then right click the Sims 4 game tile and select 'Repair Game'.

Let us know how you get on!

View in thread

Message 2 of 26 (24,515 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@mackenzieldk Please restart your computer, make sure that you are running Origin with Administrator rights, enable Safe mode downloading in Application Settings - Advanced (top left corner of Origin client, in Origin menu) and then right click the Sims 4 game tile and select 'Repair Game'.

Let us know how you get on!

Message 2 of 26 (24,516 Views)

★★ Novice

im having a problem kinda like yours but i had custom content  and for the update you had to get rid of it. now i cant get the update to show up again

Message 3 of 26 (23,973 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kristi Thank you. Your solution helped me very much. But when I got on the game everything was running good until I took a sample from one of my plants and now I can't put anything into my sims inventory or take anything out.
Message 4 of 26 (23,939 Views)

★ Novice

I am having an issue after I updated my Sims 4 game. When I go to play a household it acts like the game is going to load, then it goes back to the world selection screen. 

Message 5 of 26 (23,933 Views)

EA Staff

@BrynieMic If you still have the same issue, could you please  right click the Sims 4 game tile in Origin client and select 'Check for Update'?

@mackenzieldk Are you using any custom content in your game?

@sdhale82 Have you tried the steps I posted above?

Message 6 of 26 (23,917 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

@EA_Kristi I followed those steps several different times. I even unloaded and reloaded the game and that didn't even work.

Message 7 of 26 (23,901 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kristi No. I have no custom content in my game.
Message 8 of 26 (23,871 Views)

EA Staff

@mackenzieldk Could you try repairing the game again?

@sdhale82 Is this a issue with one specif save? Can you start a new family?

Message 9 of 26 (23,853 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi EA_Kristi

I have the same issue as BrynieMic, tried your solution but nothing happens when i select "check for update". The "the sims4" tile is grey and also the "play" button is grey. Please help

Message 10 of 26 (23,797 Views)