Re: My PSN profile is linked to a wrong EA account

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My PSN profile is linked to a wrong EA account

★ Novice

Hi

My PSN account/profile is linked to the previous owner of the console account. 
He does not use the console anymore. How can I unlink his account from my PSN profile?
My PSN account is AdmiralFunkyPony ([edit: email address removed]) and I can't link it to this EA account (which is my own account) because it is already linked to EA account Danutrapascu (I have no access to his email, of course).

Thank you

Message 1 of 10 (803 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @IceWolf75 I'm locking this thread as there is nothing more that we can do on AHQ to assist.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (684 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hi @IceWolf75

Unfortunately you're going to have a hard time with this. The previous owner will need to attempt to unlink your PSN from their account by contacting an EA adviser and going through the verification process. You won't be able to unlink anything yourself.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

I am just curious tho, why do you have the same account as the previous owner? Everyone should have their own account and be able to log into any console with their account.

Message 2 of 10 (783 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @IceWolf75 for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 10 (760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thank you
I've already done that in the meanwhile and it seems it's an unsolvable issue.
The previous owner of my PS4 who basically used it for 2 months before selling it along WITH his PS account didn't unlinked his Origin account (Danutrapascu) from the PSN profile. I solved every other issue with the PS account at the time, changing password, email and everything else to appropriate that account with the owner approval but I didn't know about Origin. I have my own Origin account I'm using it for the last 10 years (on PC) and I wanted to link that account o my PSN account. 
Unfortunately, I can't do that, only the previous owner can and I can't find someone I've not seen in 2 years, we only had that transaction and that was all. 
It's a strange situation, I having access to this Danutrapascu account through PSN but I can't do anything else. It's not mine and I can't get rid of it.
Frown

Message 4 of 10 (746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@CarbonCarl 
Because the previous owner of my PS4 sold it to me WITH hi PSN account. It was a new account with 3 games on it and he had no intention to use a PS4 anymore. So, I've appropriated his account - I've changed email, password, unlinked what have to be unlinked with the previous owner approval and help - he was the one who had access to his email and other accounts, but I didn't know about Origin. And because I didn't do it at that time, 2 years ago, I can't do it at all, it seems.

Message 5 of 10 (744 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Danutrapascu 
Ah I understand; It is a difficult situation because you're not the EA account holder, however you could try what @EA_Darko mentioned and see if they will unlink the PSN, it is likely they won't but it's worth a try at least.

Message 6 of 10 (737 Views)

★ Novice

@CarbonCarl 

I posted by mistake using the very account I want to get rid of. LOL

Unfortunately I've already try that. Even if I honestly stated what had happened and that I have access to an account that is not mine and I want to solve this issue, they can't do much without the owner consent - the code they provide it's sent to his email, of course. An email I can't access, of course.

They suggested me to get in touch with the previous owner but I have no tires with him. Our only relationship was this PS4 transaction. I guessed his email address by what I see on his Origin account and I've already sent him an email but I don't even know if he's using it anymore. Until now I have to answer from him.

I thought if I tell EA I have access to an account that it's not mine, they can sever it but if send they can't. 

It seems it's a no winning situation. 

Message 7 of 10 (734 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to say @IceWolf75 but if you are not the account owner then our team will be unable to assist you. 

Just so you are aware, it is a breach of the PSN Terms of Service to sell or buy a PSN account and can result in the account being banned.

As you have purchased the PSN account in question then our team would be unable to make any changes to it or assist you in removing it as you are not the account owner.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 10 (709 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Darko 
I am aware of that, I wasn't aware 2 and a half years ago. I hold nothing against EA team, I perfectly understand you can't do something because someone else beside the owner ask it. And more that that
The only thing I thought you'll be interested into is the fact that I have access to an Origin account that is not mine (probably is inactive anyway).
I know about purchasing the PSN account, it's my fault - I should have known, I'm not into gaming since yesterday. But the guy was really not interested to keep it and he had let me doing everything to get rid of all his personal data. Basically I got 3 games in that account. With all my credentials, there is nothing of his data left. Beside this link...
My only hope is him to still use that email address, read my pledge and make the request to EA himself. I suppose that will clear this mess up.
So... yes, that's it.
Thank you anyway for your help.

Message 9 of 10 (701 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @IceWolf75 I'm locking this thread as there is nothing more that we can do on AHQ to assist.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (685 Views)