Re: My Origin PC Games are not on my PS4/PSN and I linked them!

by Straatford87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Origin PC Games are not on my PS4/PSN and I linked them!

★ Apprentice

I have linked my Origin PC account with my PS4/PSN account and I did not get my games on my PS4 please help I want to play my games on my PS4 too!

Message 1 of 14 (20,695 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi folks,

So the information @Straatford87 provided a few years ago is still the same.

@Straatford87 wrote:

You will be able to use the digital version you purchased on the platform (PC) that you purchased it on.

This means it's not possible to run games designed for one platform on another platform. If you buy a game on one platform, that's the platform that game can run on.

For example:

• PlayStation games can be played on PlayStation
  • Xbox games can be played on Xbox
  • Nintendo games can be played on Nintendo
  • PC games can be played on PC
    and so on. They have never been able to run on other platforms.

That's as clear as I can make it I'm afraid. Standard smileClosing this thread from here to limit further necroposting

Thanks, 

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (10,876 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@ExtremeLeNut

Your games are not linked cross-platform. This means that if you buy the PC version of a game, you will only be able to play it on the PC. If you want to play the PS4 version, you will have to buy that separately.

Message 2 of 14 (20,681 Views)

★ Apprentice

I buyed PvZGW2 digitaly dose that still mean I can not use it?

Message 3 of 14 (20,662 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@ExtremeLeNut Unfortunately you have to buy a copy of the game for each system/platform you want to play it on. If you buy the PC edition of a game you won't be able to play it on PS4 even if you link your accounts. You would have to buy another copy of the PS4 edition. How you purchase the game (physical copy in a box or download) doesn't matter.

Message 4 of 14 (20,659 Views)
Highlighted

EA DICE Team

@ExtremeLeNut

You will be able to use the digital version you purchased on the platform (PC) that you purchased it on. So, no, you won't be able to use it on the PS4.

Message 5 of 14 (22,291 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Do I have to buy the PS4 games or do I get it for free?Since my digital Origin is linked to my PSN account

Message 6 of 14 (20,620 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@W4rH0rse wrote:

@ExtremeLeNut Unfortunately you have to buy a copy of the game for each system/platform you want to play it on. If you buy the PC edition of a game you won't be able to play it on PS4 even if you link your accounts. You would have to buy another copy of the PS4 edition. How you purchase the game (physical copy in a box or download) doesn't matter.

There has been no change whatsoever in the arrangements EA makes between platforms.  Warhorse already answered you.  Asking the same thing a second time will not change the answer, sorry. 

Message 7 of 14 (20,614 Views)

EA DICE Team

The Elder speaks the truth.

Message 8 of 14 (20,603 Views)

★ Apprentice

What if I have bought a copy on pc and bought my son a copy on ps4, will his origin acc allow him to use the pc version while at mine and the ps4 version at his mums and link the gameplay together. The pc version will be my copy this allows us to play together while he's at his mums. But he has already effectively bought it and at £60 for a game , that's £120 to get us both a copy , I'm not buying a third copy just for him to play at my house. And that should be ridiculous of origin to ask it of a parent.

Message 9 of 14 (14,939 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Straatford87 why? If I already purchased for the game.... why can't I use it? on another platform?
Message 10 of 14 (11,236 Views)