Re: My Origin Account was Hacked and purchased FIFA15!

by 44thAirborne

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

The same happended to me. I got an email in a different language than normal with the information that FiFa15 had been bought on my account.

I have started the refund procedure and that seems to be working and in parallel contacted support and changed all security related information.

I am now looking for a way to delete the credit card information from the Origin account. Does anyone know how to do that? If I now use the "Remove" option, nothing happens

Message 61 of 376 (2,153 Views)

★ Novice

Damn! Looks like so many other people had this happen to them! I just saw the email confirming the purchase from 10 hours ago - FIFA 15 purchased on my account even though I never made the purchase myself. It's already 4am here so I can't really stay up any longer waiting to talk to somebody... hopefully this will be resolved tomorrow (even though it's new years).

As quickly as I could I made sure to change my password, activate the security thingamajig in origin and delete all my credit card info.

Message 62 of 376 (2,131 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same thing happened to me.  I have a Pogo account which is through EA (now Origin), and some sorry sap accessed my account to try to order FIFA 15 a few times.  Luckily, it failed to go through and my bank doesn't have record of it going through, but it also makes me leery about using this site anymore.

Message 63 of 376 (2,080 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened to me, someone got my log in and tried to purchase FIFA, luckily my credit card declined it. 

Message 64 of 376 (2,059 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So does anybody know how we contact origin about this? I requested a call from them and have failed to receive a call. 

Message 65 of 376 (2,046 Views)

★★★ Novice

My account was also hacked and used to bought Fifa 15. I requested a refund but if you remove your card details it won't go through silly me. I've been trying to get ahold of Origin  for 4 days and I've had no luck. I've requested about 3 phone calls and no one has called. I've tried chat as well and I still have no luck.  I don't know what to do I wan't my money back. 

Message 66 of 376 (1,927 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had the same issue, which was resolved successfully with cancelled transaction and refund.

However, I do believe such a blatant display of EA/ORIGIN's incompetence to safeguard client information and to ensure safe e-transaction is unforgivable.

People need to take responsibility for the transgression, both the criminal and EA/ORIGIN.

I am not satisfied with a simple refund. I had to cancel my card and get it replaced; I had to consult with my bank on my credit card safety; I had to reach out time and again to EA/ORIGIN service rep; I had to spend my holiday waiting for EA/ORIGIN to finish their holiday to come back and fix their mistake; I had to inconvenience myself with cash transaction during the peak holiday season.

NO, I AM NOT SATISFIED.

To this end, no official apology, not so much a sincere "sorry, we **bleep** up." MAN UP, whoever you are.

I demand reasonable compensation for my trouble, to know what the heck happened, and what will they do to fix the problem.

This is no small issue, they stole and were caught red handed. If we were less civilized society, the consequence would much less civilized as well.  

Message 67 of 376 (1,906 Views)

★★ Novice

my account was also hit by this with fifa 15, far cry 4, assasins creed unity and 100 fifa points. 

Message 68 of 376 (1,897 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Mine too, I am on a fixed income and nearly had a heart attack over it! EA needs to do something about this, from this point forward I refuse to do anymore business with them!

Message 69 of 376 (1,871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I waited 60 minutes to chat with a game advisor, he was unable to unban my account and advised I send an e-mail to accountdisputes@ea.com  This is so royally stupid.  I have sent two e-mails to them since the 18th and no replies and NO ANSWERS.

1)  Someone got into my account and ordered FIFA 15.

2)  Rana - Game Advisor was able to confirm my credit card was not compromised and that it was business as usual once I changed my passwords and added more security layers to my account.

3)  A few days later I get an e-mail Origin telling me I have been banned for violating FIFA 15's terms of use.  I have never played or owned FIFA 15.

4)  Over half a month later I am still trying to get EA to unban my account.  For some reason I can write on these forums, but on any other EA forum I can't, and I can't play any multiplayer games.  This is insane.

I want my account unbanned and brought to original status.  Someone at EA please help for crying out loud!

Message 70 of 376 (6,476 Views)