Re: Medal of Honor will not launch-"License limit has been reached"

by tm5rto

Original Post

Medal of Honor will not launch-"License limit has been reached"

★★★ Novice

EA does not support their own games??? I bought Medal Of Honor in 2010 for $59.99. I wanted to play it recently, but game will not launch. After two sessions with Tech Support, I was told that EA doesn't support this game anymore, that's the reason why game will not launch. "Too bad so sad, we took your money, and now we don't stand by our product". Good to know next time I'm shopping for a game.

Message 1 of 12 (2,739 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @tm5rto can I ask, have you redeemed the game to your Origin account and when launching the game are you doing so after downloading the game or after installing from a disc?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 12 (2,699 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the response! 

I have tried it all.  I installed from disk initially, the old way.  Got the error message "License limit has been reached"  Uninstalled it. Then, I used the code for the disk to redeem the game on Origin, adding it to my library of games there.  Downloaded the game from Origin.  Same error message when I started the game.  I do not understand WHY.  I'm not trying to play multiplayer, where I need to be on network, with servers, etc.  Software installed on computer with more than enough hardware to run it. And somehow, I'm still getting the "License limit has been reached"....

I spent good part of the last two days speaking and chatting with EA Help reps.  I was told several times that it is now fixed. But no, I'm still getting the error message that prevents me to play the game in Single Player.

Message 3 of 12 (2,677 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @tm5rto can you go ahead and remove the game and ensure that any elements from  your previous install are removed

Once done, can you then use CCleaner to remove any stray elements: https://www.ccleaner.com/

Just so you are aware CCleaner is a third party program not associated with EA.

Once done try downloading the game again and see if you see the same error.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 12 (2,616 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep, did that.  Combed my whole computer for anything obviously MOH.  Then ran CCI Cleaner.  Reinstalled the game.  Same message "License limit has been reached..."  Can't launch the game in Single Player.  Mind-boggling....It doesn't make sense at all...

Appreciate all the help, EA_Darko!

Message 5 of 12 (2,597 Views)

★★★ Novice

For all the latest tech, it is impossible for EA to fix this game, apparently...So much for support of their product...Well, goodbye

Message 6 of 12 (2,521 Views)

Re: 명예훈장은 출시되지 않습니다-"라이센스 한도에 도달했습니다"

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

me too (2020.08.17)

[Edited by CM]

Message 7 of 12 (2,351 Views)

Re: 명예훈장은 출시되지 않습니다-"라이센스 한도에 도달했습니다"

Community Manager

Hey @zjaaosi when attaching an image to AHQ please do not attach one with an offensive name. I removed your attachment as its name is a breach of the AHQ User Rules and Guidelines.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 12 (2,298 Views)

재: 수수수"-수"

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Did you sell the license and expired the license like the DSP license?

Is it wrong to post the message PuckQ because you're angry? Where has your conscience gone?

There is no answer even if you leave an inquiry to the customer center. Isn't it normal to be angry?

Is it a crime to reinstall because there is a problem with Windows? EA?

라이선스를 판매하고 DSP 라이선스처럼 라이선스가 만료 되었나요?

화가 나서 PuckQ 메시지를 게시하는 것이 잘못입니까? 양심은 어디로 갔습니까?

고객 센터에 문의를 남겨도 답변이 없습니다. 화내는 것이 정상이 아닙니까?

Windows에 문제가있어서 재설치하는 것이 범죄입니까? EA?

(Korean)

Message 9 of 12 (2,236 Views)

Re: 재: 수수수"-수"

★★★ Newbie

I also faced the same issue and contacted es support 3 times, and 3 Indian have spoken to me without solving the issue.. I have no idea why I reached limit for the Medal of Honor, non of the 3 India can help, I have given up ea games and whatever link to it and will  avoid buying anymore from origin in future.. such a disappointment and tiring of it.

Message 10 of 12 (1,711 Views)