Re: Medal of Honor Allied Assualt warchest doesn't launch on Windows 10 64-bit

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Community Manager

@mcmike89 Yes, you would indeed risk making your computer more vulnerable. Essentially by blocking this service, Windows 10 is more secure than on an older stock Windows in regards to a certain attack angle that some hackers exploited. By opening that up again, you would be on the same level as Windows 7 or Windows 8 without this security update.

I have to point out these risks as it is ultimately your decision.

Thanks for the crash messages you posted. One thing you could try would be running the game in compatibility mode. You should be able to do so as below:

1. Right click on the program's shortcut (LNK file), .EXE file, BAT file, CMD file, or MSI file.
  2. Click on Properties.
  3. Click on the Compatibility tab. Note:  If the Compatibility options are grayed out, then it is a 64-bit program and cannot be changed.
  4. Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box.
  5. Click on the drop down menu arrow and try running it with Windows XP SP 2 / 3 or Windows 7.

Let me know how you get on then.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 11 of 19 (6,091 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Nils I tried running the game on Windows XP SP 2 and 3 and Windows 7 compatibility mode, still nothing is working. I even run the game on safe mode from the recommendation that the game shows me. Still getting that same error message. What kind of modifications to the game files or properties will I need get the game to work?

Message 12 of 19 (6,080 Views)

Community Manager

@mcmike89 Hi,

If the compatibility mode doesn't do the trick, it looks like you would need to run those commands I had linked from Microsoft earlier in order to get it to work.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 13 of 19 (6,020 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Would a no-cd patch help/be allowed seeing as it can be confirmed that they've bought the game?

Message 14 of 19 (6,010 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Nils I managed to get the game to work after all. I watched a Youtube video on how to get it to work. All I did is download a file called opengl32.dll and put it in my Medal of Honor Allied Assault folder and the game was able to work, everyone else who's having the same problem should do the same thing what I did, just download the file I mentioned and put it in your game directory folder, its that easy!!! :D

Message 15 of 19 (6,003 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ilike2burnthing I got the game to work, all I did is download a file called opengl32.dll and put it in my game directory folder. Thanks though.

Message 16 of 19 (6,000 Views)

Community Manager

@mcmike89 I am glad to hear that, thanks for letting us know. Have fun! Standard smile

@ilike2burnthing Appreciate the thought. Unfortunately this will not be possible, as we cannot guarantee that these files or the websites they are hosted on do not contain malicious code.

Message 17 of 19 (5,983 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Nils wrote:

@mcmike89 Hi,

If the compatibility mode doesn't do the trick, it looks like you would need to run those commands I had linked from Microsoft earlier in order to get it to work.

Cheers,

Nils

I’ve seen these instructions before as shown in the following YouTube video:

How to fix startup issues in Medal of Honor Allied Assault

And they don’t work for Windows 10 (64 bit) as emphasized by the author. How would I know? I’ve tried them, especially after spending days investigating many other options on how to run MOH Allied Assault from the original CD’s. The best solution would be to simply download digital files from gog.com for MOH Allied Assault War Chest and call it a day since I was not sure in Origin offered 30-day money back guarantee if the game did not run. In any event, I had no difficulty opening and playing the digital files, MOH Allied Assault or any of its expansion packs (Spearhead or Breakthrough) from gog.com in Windows 10.

Message 18 of 19 (4,925 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Nils wrote:

@mcmike89 Hi,

Cheers,

Nils

I’ve seen these instructions before as shown in the following YouTube video:

How to fix startup issues in Medal of Honor Allied Assault

And they don’t work for Windows 10 (64 bit) as emphasized by the author. How would I know? I’ve tried them, especially after spending days investigating many other options on how to run MOH Allied Assault from the original CD’s. The best solution would be to simply download digital files from gog.com for MOH Allied Assault War Chest and call it a day since I was not sure in Origin offered 30-day money back guarantee if the game did not run. In any event, I had no difficulty opening and playing the digital files, MOH Allied Assault or any of its expansion packs (Spearhead or Breakthrough) from gog.com in Windows 10.

Message 19 of 19 (4,925 Views)