Re: Medal Of Honor Pacific Assault Black Screen + Crashes PC

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Medal Of Honor Pacific Assault Black Screen + Crashes PC

★ Novice

I recently downloaded Medal Of Honor Pacific Assault within the 1st week of it being On The House as a free game, and i downloaded it, i kept the default install settings, installed it, used the default graphics settings for it, and it launched the game window, but it was completely black, waited 5 minutes, still not loading the game,  5 more minutes, i try to close the window, i cant hit ALT + TAB, cant hit ESC, cant hit CTRL + ALT + DELETE,   my entire pc froze    and all i could do was hold the power button so i could kill the battery, i have already tried uninstalling it and also going to the folder where the game is and launching it from there, didnt work ;( 

if someone has found a fix for that, that would be awsome if you could help, i wanted to play it soo bad because it was one of my favorite old PC games. 

Message 1 of 8 (3,854 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @Dubseth25

Follow this steps http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Medal-of-Honor-Pacific-Assault-error/m-p/6168980#M262962 and i think you should be fine,mate.Wink

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 8 (3,847 Views)

★ Novice

I went to the Properties for the .EXE and there is no Launch Options... so I dont know what to do now

Message 3 of 8 (3,820 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Dubseth25 @yahel_1 I think you need to create a chortcut  of the game firstly. Then open Properties and there you should see Target field, so enter those commands to this field and Apply.

To create shortcut, right-click on .exe file and select Send to >> Desktop.

Message 4 of 8 (3,810 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Well that didnt work, now when i start up the game, it says (the code execution cannot proceed because Core/Activation.dll was not found, reinstalling the program may fix the problem.

i made the shortcut and tried the command

Message 5 of 8 (3,794 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

can confirm changing around the configuration does not seem to work.

EDIT:

change your compatibility to windows 2000 for some &*^%ing reason it seems to work fine there. don't forget to do the compatibility option to disable the thing.

(very informative i am >.<)

Message 6 of 8 (3,674 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can you show what I'm meant to write in the target field? 

Message 7 of 8 (1,900 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @BFBC1RULES can you share a little info about the issue that you are seeing, the more info we have the better we can assist.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,872 Views)