Mass effect 2 DLC stops at 0% when trying to install

by theiseja

Original Post

Re: Mass effect 2 DLC stops at 0% when trying to install

Community Manager (retired)

Hey everyone!

Our team is planning to release a fix for that issue Standard smile I have no confirmed dates to share yet, but I will keep you updated!

/Ataashi

Message 21 of 40 (1,083 Views)

★★ Novice

Great.  I look forward to playing the game......at a later date.

Message 22 of 40 (1,053 Views)

★ Novice

Care to fix the same issue on Mass Effect 3 while you're at it?  Also a date would be great seeing as how you guys JUST had the DLC and games on sale and now the DLCs are useless to me until you guys fix it.

Message 23 of 40 (1,033 Views)

EA DICE Team

This issue is now resolved.

If you do notice this still isn't working for you, please let us know.

Message 24 of 40 (3,190 Views)

★★ Novice

First off, I'm glad the game is fixed.  I'll give you a +XP on that.

When attempting to install the 3 free DLC items (Umbra Visor, Sentry Interface, Terminus Weapon and Armor), I'm having the old problem.

I realize they are free and it isn't a big deal, but just thought I'd mention it.

For a little more information, after I saw the post that EA had fixed the issue, I downloaded all the DLC that I owned then clicked on "Get It Free" for those 3 free DLC items.  So, I didn't own them before you did the most recent fix.

I appreciate any help.

Message 25 of 40 (971 Views)

★ Novice

same problem here with mass effect 2, none of my dlc's installation work. tried all from above

Message 26 of 40 (957 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried again and am still getting stuck at 0% here.

Message 27 of 40 (929 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had this issue also after a lot of trouble shooting I found that it is downloading it just not installing it. So let it download it and once it goes back to 0, quit origin completely(as in right clicking it in the icon tray and selecting quit origin) . Then open it. once it reconnects with the server it installs it and completes it...Then you can do the same for the rest. Its annoying but its the only way I got it to work with ME2 and ME3. I think it has something to do with the recent patch to origin as when I last did a play through there wasnt an issued downloading them. I tried the run as admin, network trouble shooting, clean boot, app cache clearing,etc...this is the only thing that worked for me.

Edit: Also for this method to work youll need to cancel all downloads and do it 1 at a time. You could do a couple more and when it opens it completes it but it can be a bit more confusing.

Message 28 of 40 (923 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for sharing the workaround @cheekycheeks69 It's definitely not the fastest way to download extra content from Origin, but it's still good to know Standard smile

@muttonchoptim @Trotamundoos @MunsterPlop10 - Could you (once again if needed) clear your Origin cache, disable background applications, enable safe mode downloading and run Origin as admin and then report back to me if the download still doesn't work like it should? Huge thanks in advance!

/Ataashi

Message 29 of 40 (901 Views)

★★ Novice

Just did all that and still the same Frown

Message 30 of 40 (876 Views)