Mass effect 2 DLC stops at 0% when trying to install

by theiseja

Original Post

Re: Mass effect 2 DLC stops at 0% when trying to install

★★ Novice

So is it downloading then jumping back to 0%? If so, go through all the content you want to download on the Mass Effect 2 extras page, and when each one jumps to 0% go to the next DLC you want and click download now. When you do the last one, quit origin and restart it. They should sow up as installed.

Message 11 of 40 (1,449 Views)

★★ Novice

Was just about to post giving this solution this morning.  Not as simple as letting it go through as you need to start each DLC manually but it works.  Figured it out myself after the origin tech support agent said to clear the origin cache and reinstall it to no avail

Message 12 of 40 (1,432 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 3 DLCS won't install

★★★ Newbie

I was just trying this last night and had the exact same issue.  Tried reinstalling Origin, running as admin, moving to another storage drive, and tried again today with no luck.  Hopefully one of us finds a solution soon, I was looking forward to getting back into this game.

Message 13 of 40 (1,455 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Capture.PNGTried removing read only.  No luck.

Message 14 of 40 (1,451 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you download all the DLC first? Just move them up in queue after finishing one download. Then exit origin and do remove read only on the folder. Start Origin again.

Message 15 of 40 (1,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too am having this problem but I also got the dlc for mass effect 2 as well & none of it is downloading

Message 16 of 40 (1,432 Views)

Re: ME2 dlc stuck at 0%

@cootster850

You said "it will download fine". what does that mean? Do parts download fine and others not? Get it stuck at a certain percentage point?

Try this.

In Origin, menu top left > Origin > Application settings > Diagnostic > Troubleshooting > Save mode downloading > ON (green)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 17 of 40 (1,399 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry about the late update. I figured it out thanks to another post, lowering the UAC settings in Windows fixed it apparently.

Message 18 of 40 (1,415 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey everyone!

I merged a few of your topic for better communication, since I'm afraid you've all been dealing with the same problem Frown

Our experts has already been investigating the issue and I'm going to send them your examples.

I would be grateful if you could also check out the workaround suggested by:

@Technick82

Think I found solution:

1. Exit Origin

2. Go to Game Library location in windows explorer, Right click folder, click properties and remove read only.

3. Open Origin again

@holger1405 

Try this.

In Origin, menu top left > Origin > Application settings > Diagnostic > Troubleshooting > Save mode downloading > ON (green)

@theiseja

I figured it out thanks to another post, lowering the UAC settings in Windows fixed it apparently.

Of course let me know if anything works for you.

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 19 of 40 (1,388 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem, none of those solutions worked for me :S...

Message 20 of 40 (1,261 Views)