Mass Effect 3 download problem

by Aliaega

Original Post

Mass Effect 3 download problem

★★ Novice

I have reinstalled my OS recently and I wanted to reinstall Mass Effect 3, to play it again. I have installed the launcher...so far so good...the only problem is that instead of downloading the game, the program puts the download in queue. I had waited for several hours but it still does the same thing. I have added Origin as a firewall exception and even made sure I checked the forum. It is true that the internet connection may be slow sometimes but I am browsing the internet just fine. Also I cannot check the Download Queue in Origin.

Message 1 of 5 (389 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 3 download problem

★★★ Expert

Have you tried enabling Safe Mode Downloading? It's a bit slwoer but, it may get the game to download for you.

Cancel the download.

Click on the word ORIGIN at the top.

Go to Application Settings - Diagnostics.

Enable Safe Mode Downloading

Exit Origin completely.

Run Origin as Administrator.

Verify that Safe Mode downloading is enabled then, try to download the game again.

Message 2 of 5 (373 Views)

★★ Novice

I have tried all of these things, with no results. It still says that the download is in queue. I have tried to download another game- it has the same problem.

Message 3 of 5 (354 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Aliaega It sounds like something is blocking downloads. Can you download form other sites, not Origin?

Also see if doing a bit of  Basic Connection Troubleshooting. Helps Origin download.

Message 4 of 5 (345 Views)

★★ Novice

I have tried EVERYTHING- it doesn't work. Tried to install it with the CD-it says the CD Key is invalid....I HAVE THE WHOLE TRILOGY REGISTERED ON MY ACCOUNT. People from support won't connect to chat....I am really angry right now. 

Message 5 of 5 (330 Views)