Re: Mass Effect 2 glitch.

by dAnbO66

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 2 glitch.

★★ Novice

Hi! I just bought the HBundle with ME 2 and installed it on Steam, worked fine but I decided to load it on Origin as there was more content to it. SO I did, started the game and I was presented with the initial screen that tells me to click any button to start and nothing. No matter what button I click, mash, mouse or keyboard, it does nothing but idle on that screen telling me to click any button to start. I disabled Raptr, Steam and still nothing. I am baffled and a little annoyed. 

Message 1 of 6 (453 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

FIXED IT!!! I disabled Origin in game via settings! Standard smile Awesome, and thanks for such a great Humble Bundle. 

Spoiler

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (450 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

bump

Message 2 of 6 (441 Views)

Community Manager

@dAnbO66 Hi,

Do you have a controller or any other USB devices connected by chance? If so try interacting / unplugging them and then closing and starting the application once more to to see whether that allows you to proceed.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 3 of 6 (437 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi and thanks for the reply. No, I have no controllers or any such other device connected. It's odd, it's as if the keyboard has been disengaged as a video will periodically play and then goes back to the initial press any key to start window.  I do have a Logitech headphone/mic plugged in via USB, I will try unplugging that. 

Message 4 of 6 (431 Views)

★★ Novice

FIXED IT!!! I disabled Origin in game via settings! Standard smile Awesome, and thanks for such a great Humble Bundle. 

Spoiler

Message 5 of 6 (451 Views)

Community Manager

Cool, glad to hear that you found a solution! 

If you want to re-enable Origin In Game again in the future, you may need to disable some other applications that could be interfering with it. We maintain a list over here, just look at the last bullet point which lists "Programs that have Visual Overlays" http://help.ea.com/en/article/programs-that-may-cause-conflicts-with-origin/

Cheers,

Nils

Message 6 of 6 (424 Views)