Re: Mass Effect 1 wont work with Windows 10

by a2b2c3d4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 1 wont work with Windows 10

★★ Novice

Mass Effect wont lauch on Windows 10, I set compatibility with windows  XP service pack 3 and run it as and administrator. Apperas only a UAC warning, then synchronize files on the cloud and nothing. If i insist Origin crash, shows a error windows and its all. Mass effect 2 and 3 works fine and launch properly. Also i noticed i lost everything on the game, save games, save profiles, achivements, all.... I previously play the game on windows 7 and no problem at all....

Message 1 of 8 (25,962 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I did that, remove the game and reinstall with a downloaded version, but ME3 works fine and this one i installed from the DVD.

ME1 is now working, i have to launch the game first without launching origin. If i tried to launch the game with origin open the game doesnt work.

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (29,619 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@TillmanChile

Hi,

Could you please try the following:

• Turn off Origin in-game.
  • Run the Mass Effect executable as administrator directly from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect folder.

Let me know if that gets you back into the game.

Message 2 of 8 (25,927 Views)

★★ Novice

Nothing, the game doesn't launch....

When i reinstall the game i did from the DVD, since i brought the trilogy packcage. Should i uninstall and then download the game and reinstall......

Message 3 of 8 (25,915 Views)

EA DICE Team

@TillmanChile

The game will definitely not work if you install it via a disc on Windows 10. Please completely remove the game from your system and then install it again via a download. Using the same steps that I've detailed earlier should then get you back into the game.

Just get back to me if you need any further assistance.

Message 4 of 8 (25,900 Views)

★★ Novice

I did that, remove the game and reinstall with a downloaded version, but ME3 works fine and this one i installed from the DVD.

ME1 is now working, i have to launch the game first without launching origin. If i tried to launch the game with origin open the game doesnt work.

Message 5 of 8 (29,620 Views)

EA DICE Team

@TillmanChile

Due to some security changes in Windows 10, most disc versions of older games don't work anymore. However, since this is a Mass Effect bundle it seems that the first game is exempt (which is good news) from that rule.

Our games are currently not supposed to run without Origin anymore so I guess you have found a lucky break. Thanks for coming back to the forum and confirming. I hope you will enjoy playing through the trilogy again.. Standard smile

Have a nice weekend,

Message 6 of 8 (25,870 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok so if I must download the game where do I download it as I paid for the game and I am not willing to pay for it again on origin

Message 7 of 8 (14,580 Views)

★ Novice

@Straatford87 So if I understand you correctly you are saying that I paid you money for this game but you wont allow me to play it?

Can I assume that there is a way to set "ownership" of the game over from the disc version to your origin account, since people did pay you for this game?

Message 8 of 8 (8,710 Views)