Re: Mandatory Update led to ERR_CACHE_MISS

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mandatory Update led to ERR_CACHE_MISS

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I recently downloaded Origin, about a week ago. Today, May. 28, when I opened Origin, it switched my application into Offline Mode and told me about a Mandatory Update. So I pressed the "Restart Now" link and it restarted. It started automatically downloading, which was fine, until it got frozen. So I pressed "Quit Installation" and reopened Origin again.

Then, the ERR_CACHE_MISS screen appeared. And everytime I switched it off and reopened it Origin either showed the log in screen or the Error message.

So I followed the instructions from this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/ERR-CACHE-MISS-ORIGIN/td-p/6911438 and deleted a lot of folders... But the problem persisted.

What can I do now? I have uninstalled it and am trying to reinstall the game. What else can I do?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (374 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Newbie
Hi, I've redownloaded and reinstalled the application and it seems to work fine now. Thank you though Standard smile

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (332 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

An update: I've reinstalled Origin and now the screen is just blank. No error message but nothing else shows up.

Message 2 of 5 (361 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @krhyw.

Can you grab a screenshot of the issue as you are seeing it?

Generally clearing the cache fixes issues such as a blank launcher window so it's no harm going through the steps in that link a second time.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (340 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Hi, I've redownloaded and reinstalled the application and it seems to work fine now. Thank you though Standard smile
Message 4 of 5 (333 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @krhyw.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (329 Views)