Managing Origin-based friends list on iPhone

by chuckjp227

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Managing Origin-based friends list on iPhone

★★★ Newbie

Context:  Soccer ball Using Scrabble app on my iPhone, Football Only using Origin-based ID system; in particularly, FaceBook ID system intentionally not used ....

With respect to #2 above, an answer that suggests I must tie into FB is a non-starter; SO PLEASE, if you're going to say, ".... I can tell you how to do what you want with FB....", don't bother !!!!

Challenge:  In the current app there does not appear to be any way to game challenge another player NOT ALREADY IN MY FRIENDS LIST by ID name.  There doesn't appear to be any way to add, using someone's known Origin ID, to my Origins friends list.   Since I cannot do either, I appear to be reduced to challenging guests.

Question:  Given the context above, how does one add to one's friends list; alternatively, by relaxing #1 (e.g. maybe by coming onto the Origin web site), can I add friends to my games list such that the list will then be synced to my iPhone?  Again, I'm looking to avoid, at all costs, linking to FB as part of the friends list mgmt process and/or game challenge by Origin ID process.

Thanks for sticking to a non-FB question/answer exchange in advance !!!!

Message 1 of 2 (3,578 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Managing Origin-based friends list on iPhone

Hero (Retired)

You can download Origin to your PC and sign in with the same email and password you use for scrabble. Then click on the friends tab and add friends. They will sync with the iPhone friends list.

Isn't there a button to add friends on the app? When I played Tapped Out, another ea mobile game, one work around we used was to add friends via the scrabble app whenever we had trouble managing friends.

Some people may choose to hide their online status and that may be why you don't see them in Origin on the iPhone. But download origin to your PC and try adding friends that way. Let us know if you still have questions. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (3,785 Views)

All Replies

Re: Managing Origin-based friends list on iPhone

Hero (Retired)

You can download Origin to your PC and sign in with the same email and password you use for scrabble. Then click on the friends tab and add friends. They will sync with the iPhone friends list.

Isn't there a button to add friends on the app? When I played Tapped Out, another ea mobile game, one work around we used was to add friends via the scrabble app whenever we had trouble managing friends.

Some people may choose to hide their online status and that may be why you don't see them in Origin on the iPhone. But download origin to your PC and try adding friends that way. Let us know if you still have questions. 

Message 2 of 2 (3,786 Views)