by GabbyARB

Original Post

Re: I bought the sims 4 seasons but can't download it

★★★ Novice

I am running the latest version of High Sierra 

Message 21 of 24 (438 Views)

@elinvara

Thanks for confirming. There are several things that may be causing it although I hope that the fix for Yosemite may also fix your issue.....

Please could you try my earlier suggestion in this thread - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/I-bought-the-sims-4-seasons-but-can-t-download-it/m-p/700...

If that doesn't work please check your proxy settings (this fixed it for another user running HS) and flush the DNS, you can find instructions here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/m-p/5371659...

It would also be worth trying the other suggestions in that Origin Mac help thread if you're still having problems.

Please let me know if anything works for you Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 22 of 24 (430 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever figure out how to download it? Because I am having the same problems now like I bought the bundle pack with Sims 4 Digital Deluxe in it but it still continues to not let me press the play button like it shows the play button but I can't play

Message 23 of 24 (326 Views)

@JoJoMonkey2020  Do you also have an Origin Access subscription?  If so, that may be the issue: Origin "thinks" you own the game through Access, not outright, and it's blocking you from playing because Access is Windows-only.  In this case, you'll probably need to cancel your Access subscription to be able to play.

If this isn't the issue, please take a screenshot of the whole Origin window when you're looking at the grayed-out play button.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 24 of 24 (324 Views)