[Mac] Can't connect to origin

by AAphexx

Original Post

[Mac] Can't connect to origin

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This is really starting to upset me, I bought the sims 4 for pc/Mac and I can't even download it or play it because every time I try to connect to origin it won't conect to the Internet! I've tried countless things to help and it's not working! I did the update and still won't connect. I also downloaded origin for my Mac hoping it would work and it doesn't! Please help me!!!

Message 1 of 12 (2,285 Views)

Re: [Mac] Can't connect to origin

@AAphexx

Which update? Origin must be connecting somehow if it can update itself or Sims 4.

Open Origin, in the menu bar click on Account. In the drop down does it say Go Online or Go Offline?

Next, again in the menu bar, click on Origin > Preferences then click on the Advanced tab. Scroll down a bit then check the box next to Enable Safe Mode Downloading.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 12 (2,275 Views)

★★ Novice
Ok, I'll try tht. And i have Internet, I can search pages and all that. But when I try and login it says origin is offline. So when I push go online it just reloads again with the same thing. And I'm talking about my pc. I've givin up on the Mac. One more question, even tho I bought the digital version of the sims 4 it should download on my pc right? I know it says it's compatible with both programs, but will it work even if I didn't get the hard copy for PC?
Message 3 of 12 (2,266 Views)

@AAphexx

Yes, whether you buy the Mac or PC version you will be able to download the version for the platform you want to play on. Just look in your games library in Origin.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 12 (2,263 Views)

★★ Novice
Ok so I tried the account login and still won't work. I restarted my modem and router. And nothing.
Message 5 of 12 (2,259 Views)

★★ Novice
It won't let me click any of my account info. Ughhhh. I wish I could just talk to an admin. This is super frustrating since I apent money on the game and I can't play it. Maybe it's something deeper. But I don't see y now it's doing this to me. When I've had no problems before when I downloaded the sims 3.
Message 6 of 12 (2,256 Views)

★★ Novice
So yah, ivE givin up hope. I reinstalled origin on both my Mac and PC and nothing! It just brings up the origin login page and when I put in my password and all that it just instantly brings up must connect for first time to login. And then I try and do the update and it just closes out after 2 minutes. It's all about the steam anyway. Lol at least I can get the sims 3 on it but not the sims 4. 😡😰
Message 7 of 12 (2,232 Views)

@AAphexx

It may help to check your router settings and firewall if it has an inbuilt one. Or contact your ISP and get them to check.

You can contact EA here - http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 12 (2,230 Views)

★★★ Novice
SAME!!! SO LAME
Message 9 of 12 (1,964 Views)

@SassyCassy420

What troubleshooting steps have you tried from the Mac Origin help thread? https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/MAC-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/m-p/5371659#M3386

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 12 (1,955 Views)