MSVCP120.dll is missing

by kvk007

Original Post

Accepted Solution

MSVCP120.dll is missing

★★★ Newbie

Hello, i am new to origin and I just downloaded battlefield 1. After completing download, i clicked on play, but it won't start as it gives me this system eror ActivationUI.exe "The program can't start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Try re-installing what program?? And this is a new install! First time I installed it.

I am using Windows 10.

Message 1 of 44 (7,207 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: MSVCP120.dll is missing

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I just resolved my issue by re-installing Origin. Not sure why I should have done such thing though.

View in thread

Message 2 of 44 (7,750 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I just resolved my issue by re-installing Origin. Not sure why I should have done such thing though.

Message 2 of 44 (7,751 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, thanks for the update. This usually happens if a component of the install process isn't completed fully. Manually running this component can help to resolve it. 

If anyone else encounters this issue, please go to the 2 following locations and run the vcredist_x64.exe files that you'll find there. 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist

Your Origin Games may be in a custom location, please check there for the relevant files if that's a factor. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 44 (7,187 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello

I have same issue but not with BF1 so with any game on EA app 

i have allready try reinstaling games,app an redist  2012 and 2013 

Nothing help im using EAplay with gamepass

what i can do ?

PLZ help me

Message 4 of 44 (4,225 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Mitra-Mage can you try installing the most up to date version of VC++ to see if it helps.

You can find the latest version on the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You need to install both of the following:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 44 (4,216 Views)

★★★★ Novice

hey

i installed VC++ both x64 x86 restatrt my pc and now EA app dosnt work now i have two errors one MSVcp140.dll and VCRUN...dll

i try to reinstall EAapp but now im geting massge EAdesktop cant be install

Message 6 of 44 (4,194 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i foret to say im on windows 11

Message 7 of 44 (4,193 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Mitra-Mage can you share the full error message that you are seeing?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 44 (4,187 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i have uninstall EA app

now i cant install it again  

info is in polish but says : SOMETHING IS BROKEN! appllication EA Desktop get errror.installstion can not be finished(COS SIE POPSULO ! aplikacja EA Desktop napotkala blad,zakonczenie instalacji nie bylo mozliwe)

Message 9 of 44 (4,179 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i am trying now uninstall vcred

Message 10 of 44 (4,177 Views)