Re: ME:A suddenly requires activation but can't connect to servers

by ikamustika

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Nice. Certainly a preferable solution to having to do an entire reinstall.

I actually tried that too it being recommended in one of the troubleshooting guides, can't remember which. Did not do the trick for me. I only cleared the Origin cache though. I didn't do a scan at that point, but the uninstaller I used later did clear out any remaining files. One of those files might be the solving matter.

Message 21 of 24 (401 Views)

★ Novice

Clearing APPDATA sounded like a possible solution. Did not help me though not even with CCleaner.

The game stoppes starting for me immidiatly after downloading the new patch yesterday ( believe it's called 1.05 ) but i did also update NVidia drivers and Razer Cortex at the same time.

No error-message, black window or anything.

In the friendslist it briefly says that im playing but nothing happens.

Message 22 of 24 (387 Views)

★ Novice

I thuoght i had a great idea. Since i felt it was wrong of Origin to start an .exe called "MassEffectAndromedaTrial" when i have bought the game.

So i renamed "MassEffectAndromedaTrial.exe" to something else, then named the other .exe to "MassEffectAndromedaTrial".

When i tried starting it from Origin it felt something was wrong an redownloaded the entire game.

Only now i ONLY have "MassEffectAndromedaTrial.exe".

It does work now however, so for me this issue is now resolved.

Note: i did not have the exact same issue as OP, my game simply never started, no errormessage or nothing.

tldr; Reinstall the entire game.

Message 23 of 24 (352 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

In my case, since Titanfall 2 still working, I assume the problem with my MEA is within itself. 

So I closed origin, deleted MassEffectAndromeda.exe, MassEffectAndromedaTrial.exe, and patch folder from Installation folder, started origin again, then click repair. 

It did the work.

Message 24 of 24 (1,278 Views)