Re: Lost all progress in The Sims 4 + Mods won't appear

by Gwyndolium

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost all progress in The Sims 4 + Mods won't appear

★★ Novice

Hi everyone!!

So I'm having a bit of an issue with my sims 4 game... Today, I started my game as usual, nothing out of the ordinary such as an update for The Sims 4 or Origin. But when my game launched, I could see that all my progress was gone! As if I had just bought the game, all my saves where gone and the game gave me a tutorial.

I checked the "saves" folder and it is not empty, and I don't get the fact that if my saves are still in the right folder, why aren't they in my game??

Other issue, when I want into CAS, all my mods and custom content were gone, eventhough the mod option in the settings was already checked... So I tried a few things such as deconnecting and reconnecting to my Origin account, or restarting my game, empty my mods folder to copy and paste all my custom content in it, but still nothing...

So yeah that's pretty much it, if somebody can help me I'd really appreciate it. Thanks a lot!

Message 1 of 3 (4,513 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

First of all, thank you for answering!

So I tried what you said, I repaired my game and created a new family, but it was still unsuccessful... But! I noticed that another "Electronic Arts" folder was created on my computer, I don't know how, and in this one I could find the save of the family that I just created! I could place my mods successfully in the "mods" folder of this second EA folder, and found them in game! 

So problem solved, I don't really know how this new folder was created and replaced the other but hey, I just have to transfer all my files from the old one to the new one, and it works just fine!

Sorry for the bother, have a good day!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (4,740 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@spaceshiq you could try the repair tool on the Origin client (right click on the game and repair). See if that does anything? 

Have you also tried:

1. copy your save folder outside of the sims 4 map to your desktop.

2. Restart Sims 4 and start a new family

3. Close down the sims once you are in the game with the new family

4. Go back to documents -> Electronic arts -> Sims 4

5. Is there a new saves folder?

6. If so place your old save files back in there

7. Start up the Sims 4, are your saves back?

Worth a shot!

Message 2 of 3 (4,505 Views)

★★ Novice

First of all, thank you for answering!

So I tried what you said, I repaired my game and created a new family, but it was still unsuccessful... But! I noticed that another "Electronic Arts" folder was created on my computer, I don't know how, and in this one I could find the save of the family that I just created! I could place my mods successfully in the "mods" folder of this second EA folder, and found them in game! 

So problem solved, I don't really know how this new folder was created and replaced the other but hey, I just have to transfer all my files from the old one to the new one, and it works just fine!

Sorry for the bother, have a good day!

Message 3 of 3 (4,741 Views)