Re: Lord of the rings Battle for middle Earth setup

by NikolaosSerres

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lord of the rings Battle for middle Earth setup

★★★ Newbie

Hello... I have the Lord of the RIngs Battle for Middle Earth game. I played it at the windows XP but now i have done format and i installed the Windows 7 i try to install it and at 64% of the installation a message shows up and it says:

A problem occured when trying to transfer the file D:\Support\sv\lasmig.txt 

from the media

Do you want to retry to copy the file, or cancel the installation?

I press retry and again the message shows up..i do a lot of time retry but the problem is not fixed.

I restarted my computer. I tried to install the same game from a friend's CD but the same problem again.

What i can do to install the game?

Thank you for your time

Message 1 of 6 (19,840 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

hey buddy i just had the same stupid ass problem but it was fixed right what  want to do is copy the entire game from the disk and to anywhere you want then go into the folder look for support/sv/lasmig and change it to lasmig.txt when  looked at mine it was not in english for some weird reason but mine works now hope it helps

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (19,811 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

hey buddy i just had the same stupid ass problem but it was fixed right what  want to do is copy the entire game from the disk and to anywhere you want then go into the folder look for support/sv/lasmig and change it to lasmig.txt when  looked at mine it was not in english for some weird reason but mine works now hope it helps

Message 2 of 6 (19,812 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mate Standard smile that's the best answer in whole websites about this stupid proplem 

Message 3 of 6 (17,034 Views)

★★ Novice

THANK YOU. YOU SOLVE THE PROBLEM

Message 4 of 6 (16,461 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@alunshadow Wow!! That worked. Thanks a lot you are a life saver, great job. I can't imagine how you figured that out. Hat's off
Message 5 of 6 (3,526 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @wello-thunder please do not bump threads from a decade ago as doing so can be considered spam.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (3,503 Views)