Linked Accounts

by Saturbo

Original Post

Linked Accounts

★★★ Novice

I will preface this by saying that I have been trying to address this with an Advisor for over a year. Both callbacks and Chat are dead ends. EA Help is broken.

I purchased a Madden game for PS3 roughly 10 years ago. At the time, I created an EA account with a gmail.com email address and linked it with my PSN account. I purchased Madden 20 last year. The game attempts to connect to that EA account using that gmail address. The gmail address is greyed out and cannot be changed. I do not have access to that email account. I have long since forgotten the password, and Google does not support old email accounts and does not give me any options to access it now.

I need to unlink my PSN from that old EA account and connect it to my new EA/Origin Account that I have used for the last few years.

Sony/Playstation does not give me any way to do this. This must be done from the EA side.

I will say it again. Attempting to contact EA Advisors is a total dead end. Trying to initiate a chat session ends up with pop up chat windows that do not pop up. This despite multiple attempts to clear cookies and chache, changing permissions settings, and across multiple browsers on multiple computers. Attempts to request a callback results in the assurance that EA has sent me an email with my case information that were never sent, and no phone call to the number I left.

This is a problem that I am not allowed to resolve myself. I require the assistance of somebody from EA. EA's avenues for resolution are broken.

Please advise my next steps.

Message 1 of 7 (425 Views)

Re: Linked Accounts

Community Manager

Hey @Saturbo for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

We are not able to assist with any account-based issues on AHQ. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (421 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Read my post. None of that works.
Message 3 of 7 (418 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to say @Saturbo but if our live support team cannot assist then there is no one else who can.

If you cannot verify account ownership then our team will not be able to make any changes to the account or grant you access to it.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (415 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Your callback system does not call me back. Your live chat does not give me a chat window. What exactly are you telling me?
Message 5 of 7 (411 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is there a number I can call?

Message 6 of 7 (384 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Is there a number I can call?
Message 7 of 7 (382 Views)