Re: Link new PSN ID

by Infergo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Link new PSN ID

★★ Novice

I linked a PSN ID from a friend of mine to my EA account somewhere back in 2008, since I didn't have a Playstation back then.
13 years later, I have a PS4 and would like to play some games with my friends, which I am unable to do now because I can not link my own PSN ID to my EA account.
I have tried for years to unlink the old PSN ID, and today I finally was able to do so.

I thought I was finally able to link my own PSN ID and actually play EA games on my Playstation, but when I try to link it I get a message telling me that my EA account can only ever be linked to one PSN ID in its entire lifetime.

Can somebody tell me if it is at all possible to link my own PSN ID to my EA account?

And if so, how do I do this?

I have tried to find some way to contact an EA advisor, but all explanations to do so on the forum are outdated, and do not help me in any way.

Message 1 of 7 (901 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Infergo You can use the below information to reach out to an EA advisor in order for them to further look at your account and see what options we may have. 

• EA Help website - Phone/Chat/Email - Availability may vary but phone or live chat would be faster than email.    
  • Twitter - Select the message icon to get assistance    
  • Facebook - You can select the 'send message' option on the accounts home page     

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (851 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Infergo You can use the below information to reach out to an EA advisor in order for them to further look at your account and see what options we may have. 

• EA Help website - Phone/Chat/Email - Availability may vary but phone or live chat would be faster than email.    
  • Twitter - Select the message icon to get assistance    
  • Facebook - You can select the 'send message' option on the accounts home page     

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 7 (852 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi. Were you able to link your new Playstation ID to your EA account? I was just wondering if you were able to bypass the stupid restriction of having only one account per platform within an EA account's lifetime.

Message 3 of 7 (825 Views)

★★ Novice

I just contacted an EA advisor via chat.

He told me the exact same thing, once you have linked your EA account with a PSN ID, that's it for life.

So I was able to unlink the account, but I will never be able to link any PSN ID ever again with my EA account.

I will actually have to create a new EA account and then use that.

Better not make the mistake of wanting a different PSN ID because EA is incapable of changing such an easy thing.

Message 4 of 7 (801 Views)

★★★ Newbie

is this 

Message 5 of 7 (544 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, my Sony account was hacked and I can't get it back. Is there any help?

Sony : iD : srwv

Email : [edit: email address removed]

Message 6 of 7 (415 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @srwv if your PSN account was hacked then you will need to speak with PSN support.

We can only assist with EA related issues or concerns.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (383 Views)