Link my FIFA Account to another PSN account

by tezmac007

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Link my FIFA Account to another PSN account

★ Novice

I currently have my FIFA Account linked to a PSN account, but I have a new PS4 and made a brand new account, assuming I could link my FIFA Account to it and continue my FUT on that account.

Is this possible to do? Or do I need to call EA support to fix over the phone? 

Message 1 of 5 (8,042 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Link my FIFA Account to another PSN account

Community Manager

@tezmac007 

The progress you made on your FIFA/FUT account is tied to your PSN ID. If you created a new PSN ID, you can't transfer progress from the other one. 

An EA account should only have 1 PSN ID attached to it. If you created a new PSN ID, you'll have to create another EA account to link it up to.

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (8,004 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@tezmac007 

The progress you made on your FIFA/FUT account is tied to your PSN ID. If you created a new PSN ID, you can't transfer progress from the other one. 

An EA account should only have 1 PSN ID attached to it. If you created a new PSN ID, you'll have to create another EA account to link it up to.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (8,005 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There should be a way to unlink his old PSN and link with the new PSN. He has a FUT account and it is related to EA servers and EA account. Why would it be a problem? Even though it is not possible, EA should do it manually. That would be super ridiculous. 
I will have the same problem and I will change my country in few months, I don’t want to lose my progress in FIFA FUT 22. I should be able to unlink my EA account before I change country or so?

Message 3 of 5 (5,309 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Just replying to confirm I already made the mistake. I wanted to install the Companion App but when I did it said I didn't have an Ultimate Team. I figured out my PSN was linked to and old EA account so I relinked my PSN to my new EA account. Now all progress is gone and I have to start from scratch while I invested quite a lot into it (both time and money). 

How can all my progress be gone if my old EA account is still there and my progress is saved on their server and that account? There should be a disclaimer on the Companion App that linking your PSN to a new EA account will lose your progress because this sucks.

Message 4 of 5 (5,297 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @bariscet97 please do not bump threads from years ago as doing so can be considered spamming on AHQ.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (5,273 Views)