Re: Legacy game installers

by yahel_1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Legacy game installers

★★ Novice
Hi guys,
I have just reset my pc. I’ve downloaded origin and saved it to my D drive (this is my biggest drive) I’ve gone to installs and saves to see where my games will download to. Game library location says D, legacy game installers says C. My question is what is legacy game installers? I want to ensure all games I install will be to my D drive.
Thanks.
Message 1 of 12 (26,264 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @ehedges84

In Origin / Applications Settings / Installs&Saves

Installs &Saves->this section shows you where your download and game installations are. Once the game downloads, it will then be automatically installed into the installation folder.

You also have the option to keep the original Game Installer (Games installers = the software that installs the game) or not.

So these folders can be on separate drives.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (28,035 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @ehedges84

In Origin / Applications Settings / Installs&Saves

Installs &Saves->this section shows you where your download and game installations are. Once the game downloads, it will then be automatically installed into the installation folder.

You also have the option to keep the original Game Installer (Games installers = the software that installs the game) or not.

So these folders can be on separate drives.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 12 (28,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Thanks. So basically the “legacy game installer” folder is the installer used to install each individual games I have? If so I wouldn’t reckon that would take up much room, so would probably be best to just leave it. As long as I know the actual game will install to D drive that’s ok.
Message 3 of 12 (26,231 Views)

★★ Novice
Down the bottom where it says keep legacy game installers it looks like it’s turned off. What am I best to do there? Confused! 🤣
Message 4 of 12 (26,230 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@ehedges84  Standard smile leave this setting by default, meaning Off.For me it is the same and that's best, especially when you change the location of the games.Do not worry about this.Fingers crossed

Retired champion.
Message 5 of 12 (26,220 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks for that! 👍
Message 6 of 12 (26,213 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

We' re welcome Standard smile @ehedges84

Retired champion.
Message 7 of 12 (26,209 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I needed to install mine to D as well and I just went into application settings(on origin) under the ‘origin’ tab top left / installs&saves / “on your computer” Game Library Location & click Change Folder and then go to Local Disk D and make a new folder make sure to name it something you’ll remember and just save it to that folder. Then do the same exact thing with Legacy game installers but you’ll have to make a different folder from the one you just made because they can’t be placed in the same folder and same thing, make sure to name it something you’ll recognize and remember but once you do that you’ll be good to go & you now have them on local disk D! 

Message 8 of 12 (15,593 Views)

★ Novice

I want to keep my legacy installers ! 

So I enable this on the origin app and downloaded the game

I tried it twice ... it won't save the installers and the folder is always empty !

What am I missing here ??

I enabled the option and restarted the PC 

Once the download is complete the game installs on its own and there never is any installer kept in the cache folder

Message 9 of 12 (10,885 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same here! Legacy installers aren't there! Even I have enabled the option at the app! Never any installer kept in the cache folder. Any help is welcomed...

Message 10 of 12 (6,276 Views)