Re: Legacy & Supported Packs & Refund Help

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Legacy & Supported Packs & Refund Help

★★ Novice

So I messed up and for some reason forgot that I was using and need to use Legacy to play Sims 4.

I also for some reason didn't realize that certain packs aren't supported in Legacy and as a result bought and downloaded Discover University. I played the sims a couple of times after the fact but then realized that a new world wasn't showing up when I heard there was supposed to be one and also realized it wasn't showing up in the packs on my sims 4 opening screen. I know they have a rule about no refunds if you've played it multiple times within the first 24 hours but I really can't use the game at all and desperately need a refund and the website is so damn slow I can't contact support in a timely fashion.

Help???

Also, it would be wonderful if anyone could make an organized list of the packs that are supported by Legacy so I don't make this mistake again. 

Message 1 of 3 (435 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Gkr155  Regardless of when you bought it, DLC, including Sims 4 packs, are generally not eligible for refunds. EA customer support has been making exceptions, at least most of the time, for people who need to run the Legacy Edition of Sims 4 and can't use Discover University or Tiny Living. You'd have to contact support directly to request a refund. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ As for which packs don't work in the LE, that list would consist of anything released in November 2019 or later, so Discover University, Tiny Living, and all future packs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (403 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Gkr155

We're currently working on fixing some connectivity issues that have been causing problems with the EA Help website. That is most likely why you're running into some issues when you're attempting to set up a case. Unfortunately we don't currently have a time frame on how long it might take for this to be fixed, but hopefully we'll have everything back up and running soon. 

If you would like you could reach out to EA Help via Twitter or Facebook as well. The team who works on those channels can also look into refund requests. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 3 (404 Views)

@Gkr155  Regardless of when you bought it, DLC, including Sims 4 packs, are generally not eligible for refunds. EA customer support has been making exceptions, at least most of the time, for people who need to run the Legacy Edition of Sims 4 and can't use Discover University or Tiny Living. You'd have to contact support directly to request a refund. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ As for which packs don't work in the LE, that list would consist of anything released in November 2019 or later, so Discover University, Tiny Living, and all future packs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (404 Views)