Legacy Origin Not A Thing Anymore?

by MissUrine

Original Post

Legacy Origin Not A Thing Anymore?

★ Novice

Hello all,

I was trying to install Sims on an older computer of mine that is still running Windows XP (and will continue to do so), I got the legacy origin download and everything but every time I try to install it I get an 'your update could not be compleded. Please download and install the latest version of Origin from' and then it gives a link but I can't use that link or the version there because it's not compatible with Windows XP anymore. Is the legacy origin for XP just not a thing anymore?

Message 1 of 5 (11,464 Views)

Re: Legacy Origin Not A Thing Anymore?

EA DICE Team

@MissUrine

You will have to 'downgrade' the new client when on Windows XP. I've explained for you how you can do that:

• Download our old Origin client via https://www.dm.origin.com/download/legacy
  • Run the installer in Vista or XP SP2 compatibility mode (right-click installer -> Properties -> Compatibility)
  • Note that Store and Social functions are not available on this Origin version. Any purchases can still be made via the webstore on another device.
Message 2 of 5 (11,427 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Excuse me Ea tom , but it's doesn't work anymore !
Message 3 of 5 (10,207 Views)

@Sarahahhahha

What is your exact problem?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 5 (10,186 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Yeah, i tried everything and it always installs latest version.. Frown
Message 5 of 5 (10,049 Views)