Leaked account password & details and bypassed phone verification

by Redexme

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Leaked account password & details and bypassed phone verification

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

It happened like half a year ago. Someone tried to log into my account. I really didn't pay any attention to it as I was like "okay, maybe.. weak password?".

So I changed my password, checked if my phone verification is all good and I was like, cool. Now it is okay.

But after couple months after that security update I've done. Someone again, tried to log into my account and I was recieving information every hour from different countries (with my NEW password).

So I changed it again and guess what?! It didnt help Standard smile

I eventually stoped paying any attention to it as I was like "okay, I still have my phone verificaiton" so they shouldn't get in.

But today, someone completely bypassed it and logged into my account from "AE" on Wed Jul 17 03:34:47 GMT 2019 from WEB devices.

And that was it. Like what's wrong with EA seccurity? Like.. how can someone breach all passwords and email accounts and then bypass it. With my payment methods linked to it with all my data there?

Btw.. never logged from other devices than my own. Trusted location and devices are also okay. Never used these credentials to log into EA from different platform or 3rd party sites.

Any solution what to do with it? I've already changed my password once again Standard smile

Anyone has the same issue?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2 (223 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Leaked account password & details and bypassed phone verification

Community Manager

Hey @Redexme if someone has compromised your account then please speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (215 Views)

All Replies

Re: Leaked account password & details and bypassed phone verification

Community Manager

Hey @Redexme if someone has compromised your account then please speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (216 Views)