It won't send me a verify code to change stuff in settings.

by audrinahoover

Original Post

It won't send me a verify code to change stuff in settings.

★★★ Newbie

I keep trying to change my ID in Origin because I want something a little cooler and I've had this problem before where it won't send me a code to verify that I'm me. But today I wanted to contact support for it and it says that there nobody recommend to help me. So I just thought whatever and I tried again (To get a code) and still nothing sent. I also tried to get other support and this is kinda my last option. Is there a way I can get in contact with someone to help?

Message 1 of 2 (276 Views)

Re: It won't send me a verify code to change stuff in settings.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @audrinahoover

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time with the codes. Did you happen to take down a copy of the backup codes? They can be used in place of the codes sent out to you to make changes to the account. 

"If you lose your phone, the authenticator app fails, and you can’t access your email address, backup codes are the only way to sign into your EA Account from a new device. You can view and renew these codes in your EA Account Security settingsTip: Write your backup codes down and keep them in a safe place so you’ll always be able to log in when you need to."

- Source. EA Help artcile: "Use Login Verification for extra account security"

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 2 (243 Views)