Re: It's been over 14 days since I submitted my support ticket

by BoxOfDOG

Original Post

Accepted Solution

It's been over 14 days since I submitted my support ticket

★★★ Novice

The timeframe given after you submit a ticket is 14 days.

I think it's been 15 or 16 days since I submitted my ticket initially, and I've received zero response via email or otherwise.
I just want to play the game, and I was banned for what I assume was someone accessing my account without my knowledge.

I secured my passwords, I've activated two factor authentication, so nothing like that should happen in the future- But now I'd like to get my online service back so I can actually play the game.

This support system is so frustrating and slow. And now I'm hearing that it's possible I won't even be unbanned, that the support team can't even do anything about it- Which is simply absurd.

Message 1 of 7 (548 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
Hey @BoxOfDOG,

It's great to hear that you've taken some additional steps to make sure everything stays secure moving forward.

While what you mentioned is the usual timeframe, as you've noted things are a bit backed up currently due to a higher volume, as every case is manually investigated.

I'm afraid we don't have a more specific ETA to provide here, but our Terms of Service team will reach out via email as soon as they complete their investigation of this situation. Thank you for the patience in the meantime.
Mako.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (515 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice
@BoxOfDOG yup... idk why it still says 14 days when it takes people months to be unbanned. worst thing is that you get no updates about your ticket ever
Message 2 of 7 (524 Views)

★★★ Novice
@noskillplayeruwu So people ARE getting unbanned? From the little I've read it sounds like they can't even do that, or that it's extremely unlikely.
Message 3 of 7 (522 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @BoxOfDOG,

It's great to hear that you've taken some additional steps to make sure everything stays secure moving forward.

While what you mentioned is the usual timeframe, as you've noted things are a bit backed up currently due to a higher volume, as every case is manually investigated.

I'm afraid we don't have a more specific ETA to provide here, but our Terms of Service team will reach out via email as soon as they complete their investigation of this situation. Thank you for the patience in the meantime.
Mako.png
Message 4 of 7 (516 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Mako That's about what I figured. I'll stress that I'm not mad at you guys; what is either high volume or being understaffed or a combination of the two- isn't your fault. You guys are doing the best you can given the circumstances and I appreciate that.

But, unfortunately, that doesn't really make the situation any less frustrating.

Thanks for the response regardless.
Message 5 of 7 (512 Views)

Community Manager
@BoxOfDOG I definitely appreciate the understanding, and the frustration is understandable as well. It's certainly quite a while to be locked out of an account.

While I can't make any promises one way or another without having the information at hand, I did want to clarify that the TOS team is absolutely able to remove a ban, based on their findings when they investigate an account. It's certainly not the case that the team can't do anything about a ban.

That's primarily dependent on what they verify when looking through the activity and records of an account. While I don't want to set any false expectations for you, I did want to be clear that this is with the team that has the information and ability to make those decisions.
Mako.png
Message 6 of 7 (493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_MakoIs there anything at all that can be done? Just about a month since my ticket was "updated", but what that update is, is unable to be seen so I don't even know if there's more information that I've missed out on.

Is there no way to bump or give priority to tickets? Nearly a month and a half for one support ticket is an insane amount of time.

Message 7 of 7 (301 Views)