Is there an available list of multiplayer server IP ranges?

by slushpuppy9aa1

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Is there an available list of multiplayer server IP ranges?

★ Novice

My university is attempting to enable gaming for both Xbox and Playstation on our network. They need to know which ports certain games require as well as a range of IP addresses of the servers we could connect to in order to allow those specific addresses through the firewall. They are obviously skeptical of allowing random IP addresses found on non-official sources (such as reddit) for security reasons. Is there an official list of ip ranges for EA multiplayer servers anywhere? If by game, preferably IP ranges for Battlefield V, Battlefront, and FIFA to start. We already found the port requirements for these games, we just need to find the ip requirements so that the IT department can enable us to play.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (5,914 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is there an available list of multiplayer server IP ranges?

Community Manager

Hey @slushpuppy9aa1 you can find a list of the ports for EA games in this help article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

As for the IPs to open, I do not believe that this is public-facing information that is readily available but I will see what I can find out.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (5,867 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @slushpuppy9aa1 you can find a list of the ports for EA games in this help article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

As for the IPs to open, I do not believe that this is public-facing information that is readily available but I will see what I can find out.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (5,868 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko Appreciate the help. I was able to find those ports but unfortunately the IT dept won't open them to all IP addresses. It's totally understandable that the IP address are not public-facing info. That being said, our IT head stated that games are not his priority, and he'd only open those ports if we can find out how to acquire the IP addresses (not actually acquiring them ourselves). Given his official status as our IT head, I feel like there is likely some way or exception for him to receive that information. The chat and phone help lines could not provide me with contact info for employees with the authority and knowledge to discuss the topic with our IT head. Do you know how/to whom he should reach out to in order to discuss the topic further?
Message 3 of 4 (5,806 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @slushpuppy9aa1 as this information is not public-facing it would not be possible to share it with any individuals outside of EA.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (5,744 Views)