Re: Is someone trying to hack my account?

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is someone trying to hack my account?

★★ Novice

Hi,

I have received 3 Origin security codes over the last 2 days that I haven't requested. Is someone trying to gain access to my account? Is there anything I should do?

Message 1 of 5 (16,106 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

@Leemund If you have login verification enabled your account should be secure, but if they got to the point where your security code was need it would be wise to change your accounts password.

You can read more about how to maintain account security in the following article: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-maintain-account-security/

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (17,869 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@Leemund If you have login verification enabled your account should be secure, but if they got to the point where your security code was need it would be wise to change your accounts password.

You can read more about how to maintain account security in the following article: http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-maintain-account-security/

Message 2 of 5 (17,870 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks,

password changed!

Message 3 of 5 (16,078 Views)

Anonymous

I have had the same issue. For the past week, someone from Malaysia keeps attempting to get into my account. On several occasions, he succeeded. In the last 48 hours alone, they caused me to need to change my password 14 times. In total, I have gone through 70 passwords this week even though I enabled 2 factor verification. As of this morning, the same person, a long with someone from Israel, are trying to take my twitch account. The same Malaysian dude attempted twice to take my email as well. Just last week I had to cut all ties with my steam account to this Malaysian guy because steam support team didn't do a thing. They apologized and said I could have 20 dollars credit on a new account. I am having so many issues from 2 losers who don't have lives. It sucks.

Dear majscrewballgaming,
This email was generated because a new log-in was made on 12-Jun-2019 01:45 UTC (11-Jun-2019 18:45 PDT) originating from:
  • Device: Linux
  • Browser: Ubuntu
  • IP address: 46.161.58.157
Message 4 of 5 (11,648 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Anonymous. 

The best thing to do is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to help you resecure your account though I imagine that this issue could be related to your email account being compromised so for starters I would suggest ensuring that your email account is secure.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (11,628 Views)