Re: Is EA's Recovery Webform Bugged?

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Is EA's Recovery Webform Bugged?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Is EA's Recovery Webform Bugged? 

I'm trying to change my E-mail address. But everytime I try to submit a case, the cases don't seem to show up.

I've had a good experience initially, with support. But then it turned terrible because:

• I got in contact with support via chat. He was good. He referenced me to the recovery team via a link. So that's 1 case. 
  • Upon getting to help.ea.com and filling in the recovery form and sending it, it says the form timed out. That alone is silly. So no luck. 1 case more.
  • I then created a new case to tell them about the previous case. This also didn't lead anywhere, since I don't know if EA has received it. 
  • Then while on help.ea.com I look at my cases: but I can't see any content. So all the things I wrote, are gone. Except for the subject headline. What's going on?
  • Further, there's apparently 2 ways to see your cases: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ or https://help.ea.com/en/my-cases/ and both act differently from each other. 
  • Then every time I submit a new case, the new one is "In Progress" and the old one is suddenly "Resolved". Yet I didn't even get any E-mail confirmation of anything. Why?
  • As mentioned before, I can't view the contents of the case I just sent. All fields are just blank, after clicking on "Resume". I'm very frustrated. 

I'm using Chromium, updated. There shouldn't be any display issues. 

EA OUGHT to change their practices, as this is just plain ridiculous. I shouldn't need to verify a change of E-mail via a code, when I already have the password to the Origin account.

Talk about security all you wish. But real security doesn't require making life unnecessarily difficult for customers that haven't done anything wrong.

I just want to change my E-mail, to an account I already have FULL access to, so that I can play my games without worrying about losing access -_-'. 

As others have pointed out, I could even change my E-mail here on answers.ea.com just fine. 

It's just funny that if security is a concern, then poor practices are equally so. Both result in a loss of customers and/or satisfaction.

Message 1 of 6 (538 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So who do I go to, since the webform is bugged? 

Who do I call? 

Who do I message? 

Who can I forward my case numbers to, so they can check? 

Is there a particular browser better suited for help.ea.com? 

Message 2 of 6 (500 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is continually being ignored. 

Howcome all EA employees seem to be unable to further any request to upper management? 

Is there really no other function of all support staff, than to follow a script, refer to a help article they didn't author or a webform which is BROKEN? 

I've tried: 

- Using different browsers. 

- Purging my cache. 

- Talked with phone support.

- Talked with chat advisor. 

- Read community mod posts. 

- Submittied multiple cases.

- Being patient. 

AND IT STILL DOES NOT WORK! I CANNOT SUBMIT AND FIX A SUPER SIMPLE PROBLEM! 

I JUST... Want... To Change.... A goddamned E-mail address. To an account I already HAVE ACCESS TO.

Message 3 of 6 (428 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Commander-LZ2 Another day, another being ignored by all community managers and staff. Shameful company.
Message 4 of 6 (386 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How did you contact phone support?

Message 5 of 6 (318 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @faroria I'm locking this thread as it is quite old.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (284 Views)