Invalid Account

by Termi201nator

Original Post

Invalid Account

★★★ Novice

When I attempt to play any game on EA servers, it does not connect to the online service. It keeps giving me the error that the account is invalid, please visit EA help for more information. 

I see this is a common issue. I've attempted to reset my password, change my email address, and even change my PSN info. However, it still isn't changing. It has been going on for five days now. 

I'm aware that nobody on these forums can help me. But, I have submitted multiple cases to EA already. I receive the email from Customer Experience and I see the reply that a game advisor sent me. Do I just reply to that email with my info? I try to load back into "My Cases" on my EA account but the page is so slow and it just won't load. 

Yesterday, I received a reply from EA Customer Service on my email from the first case that I submitted. I replied via email but did not hear back from the game advisor, that was about 30-plus hours ago. 

I've attempted to do the live chat and was just told to fill out a web form, which I have done multiple times. I've reached out on Twitter to EA help and almost gained some ground. However, it was late and fell asleep and the advisor moved on and I've not been able to get back into contact. 

I'm just not sure what to do. This is the fifth day with an error and i've had the chance to at least reach out to four different advisors and I am not any closer to getting a solution than I was when the issue first started. I just want to make sure that I'm not missing something, such as a place to reply or something else. I understand this is a very busy time and I don't blame anyone for a slow resposne time, but this is getting close to a week without any significant help and I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if I'm missing something. 

If I am not supposed to reply via email to the game advisor, where do I go? 

Message 1 of 14 (1,225 Views)

Re: Invalid Account

Community Manager

Hi @Termi201nator

Thanks for taking the time to write this up, and for your patience. I know that a situation like this can definitely be pretty frustrating. This sounds like something that might be best to have addressed via live chat. At the moment our support options are a bit limited, which means that we are currently unable to offer support via phone. However the EA Help team should still be able to assist you via chat. For more details about our current contact options I'd recommend checking out this thread: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/IMPT-Support-Options-Update/m-p/8864042#M334946

If you're not seeing a chat option when you create a thread it may be outside of the available hours in your region. If it's possible for you, the EA Help team who works on Twitter and Facebook might also be able to help out with this. They can handle a lot of different account issues there as well. If you do reach out to them through Facebook or Twitter can you let me know? I'll see what I can do to connect with the team and make sure they're able to follow up with you. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 14 (1,199 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you. I have reached out on twitter a couple of times each day since this started. I am presently speaking with someone on the EA help account. However, for some reason, the verification code they were asking for on Twitter was not showing in my email. They also said that a different email is shown to be linked to my PSN, which I do not understand as I’ve checked every possible email it could be and have found nothing that shows it. So, I have no clue what email is now linked to my psn and I am in the process of having this person on EA help on twitter help me set up a new case to try and talk with live chat. However, at the moment, it only shows email as the only recommended support option. 

Message 3 of 14 (1,182 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent or anyone

I think some progress is being made. I finally managed to do another live chat and was informed to fill out the account recovery webform. I did that and today, I received a verification code via my PSN messages. 

Now, here's my question. Over the last few days, I've received and replied to multiple emails from EA game advisers. However, after each email that I reply to, I just don't hear back from anyone else on my case. I don't know if that's expected since it is so busy, but I am worried that my emails are not going through or I am doing something wrong. 

So, i this case, the email from EA is saying that they need to verify my console. I log onto my PS4 and I see the verification code sent to me. 

Do I just reply to that email with the code or am I supposed to go somewhere on EA's site and reply with that code? I'm just worried that I've been replying in the wrong locations. I feel like that I'm finally making progress with getting answers now and I just want to be sure that I am using the correct methods to respond, but I have already replied to the email with the verification code. I just want to make sure that was the correct thing to do. 

Message 4 of 14 (1,060 Views)

Community Manager

@Termi201nator 

Thanks for following up!

The best way to update your case would be through the EA Help website rather than via email. If you log in at the My Cases page you should be able to view your case and update it from there. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 14 (1,012 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent @Thank you. When i go into my case, I can see the email transaction where I replied to them. But when I go to resume, it just ask me to fill out another web form. I don’t understand where I respond to them. 

Message 6 of 14 (1,003 Views)

Community Manager

@Termi201nator 

Hmm, I see. Because of the way the case was initially created you may need to include the data from the form once again. There should be a field in that form where you can type in additional information. That's where you would need to enter the code the team sent to you via PSN. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 14 (945 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent or anyone

So, I just received an email from EA:

Hey -- ----

If you got one of these login errors:
Xbox or PlayStation: This account is invalid. Please visit help.ea.com for more information.
PC: Your credentials are incorrect or have expired. Please try again or reset your password.

Reset your password. If the reset doesn’t work, it’s because you’ve tried too many times and too fast. Wait 90 minutes, then try again.

Thanks for sticking with us!,
EA Help

Case Number : 59153874

----------

So, this is AFTER i replied with my console confirmation code. I've tried to load up my EA games again and it still says invalid. 

I'm just confused. I filled out the recovery form, I've received and replied with my console recovery code... and I'm referenced back to ea.com again? 

What does this mean? Why do I not have my account back now? i've done everything. Who do I possibly contact next? I'm so confused. 

Message 8 of 14 (842 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Termi201nator

Thanks for following up. 

I took a look at the case you mentioned, and I can see that you provided the code the account recovery team sent you. They'll review this code and see what the next steps are to help you get logged back in. Unfortunately we don't have a way to help out with that directly here on AHQ. 

Once the team is able to review the code you sent them they'll follow up with you and let you know where they're going from here. Keep an eye out for an email from them once they are able to reply. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 14 (759 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

Thank you. When you said that you saw my case, does that mean you were able to see and confirm that EA did receive my reply? That's what I was worried about most. I just want to see if I can get confirmation that my reply with the code was received. 

Message 10 of 14 (748 Views)