Re: Installer error 20:2

by IIPrest0nII

Original Post

Installer error 20:2

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

For days now, when I've tried to open Origin, it's attempted to update itself first, but it's never been able to complete the update. I've never even seen it get past roughly 1/6 of the way there. Without the update, however, it wouldn't let me exit Offline Mode, so finally I decided to try uninstalling Origin entirely and reinstalling it from scratch. Now I'm having the exact same problem with the full installer, and I can't even play offline anymore. There's no error message, it doesn't crash or freeze; I'm just treated to an endless slideshow of tips and game posters while the progress bar does absolutely nothing. Every time I try it, it freezes at a different spot, but always within the first ten seconds or so.

My internet connection is fine. I've tried downloading other files from other sites and had no trouble; installing games with Steam works flawlessly still. I've rebooted my computer several times. My firewall is set to allow Origin full access to the Internet and always has been. It happens whether I run it as an administrator or not. I'm out of ideas.

UPDATE: After letting it run for nearly an hour without seeming to make any progress, it finally spat out an error message. Does this help?

Message 1 of 2 (353 Views)

Re: Installer error 20:2

Hero (Retired)
Message 2 of 2 (312 Views)