Re: Install problems/instantly crash.

by DarkAmaranth1966

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Install problems/instantly crash.

★★★★★ Novice

Hello, I've been struggling with Origin for a week now.

It started with crashing within seconds, providing me with the crash log that I attached at the bottom. 

I've tried reinstalling it, but whenever my download is done and I press setup, the origin window appears on the taskbar only to fade away after 0.5 seconds. And nothing happens after that. I've tried several different origin downloads, but neither the thin version, full version or the beta version works, the same thing happens every single time. However I was able to get a hold of a link of the forums to https://www.dm.origin.com/download/legacy, this one actually works! I was able to install it normally, but whenever I try to launch, it instantly crashes. So I'm still having big issues Frown

Thankful for any help.

Message 1 of 5 (369 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

@DarkAmaranth1966

Thank you very much! I did everything step by step, even though I had done everything before except the clean boot. But anyway, it worked! I managed to install Origin again and it works perfectly fine! 

So I started thinking, when I enable those things in the boot menu again, this * will perhaps happen again, and it did! I had the same error as I had from the start, so I started enabling startup programs one by one to see which of them triggered my error. And I figured out that it's something called NahimicMSIUILauncher, I believe its a program that came with my MSI motherboard (a driver CD). I've tried several times now, and the error only shows up if this is enabled. I also tried another thing: I enabled the program in startup, got the Origin error, then I closed down Origin and closed down Nahimic, and Origin worked! So that program is clearly causing the issue, but the only thing I don't understand is how its doing it, because its a program to adjust sound and stuff.. Oh well, I'm just glad this got resolved, but it might be a good idea to check if the other users who have this problem also have that program installed.

Thank you so much for your help! I put a picture of the process I had to kill down below.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (372 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

Unless you have Windows Vista or Windows XP, you should not be using the legacy client. If you have one of those versions of Windows, then you do need the Legacy client, otherwise you will need to Download Origin Here.

Save the installer file to a place you can easily locate it later.

Manually Uninstall Origin.

Use CCleaner to clean your registry.

Do a Clean Boot.

Disable any anti virus or firewall that may not be disabled on a clean boot.

Locate the installer file that you saved earlier.

Right click that file and choose Run As Administrator.

Let us know if that gets Origin working for you.

Message 2 of 5 (362 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@DarkAmaranth1966

Thank you very much! I did everything step by step, even though I had done everything before except the clean boot. But anyway, it worked! I managed to install Origin again and it works perfectly fine! 

So I started thinking, when I enable those things in the boot menu again, this * will perhaps happen again, and it did! I had the same error as I had from the start, so I started enabling startup programs one by one to see which of them triggered my error. And I figured out that it's something called NahimicMSIUILauncher, I believe its a program that came with my MSI motherboard (a driver CD). I've tried several times now, and the error only shows up if this is enabled. I also tried another thing: I enabled the program in startup, got the Origin error, then I closed down Origin and closed down Nahimic, and Origin worked! So that program is clearly causing the issue, but the only thing I don't understand is how its doing it, because its a program to adjust sound and stuff.. Oh well, I'm just glad this got resolved, but it might be a good idea to check if the other users who have this problem also have that program installed.

Thank you so much for your help! I put a picture of the process I had to kill down below.

Message 3 of 5 (373 Views)

★★★ Expert

@NishyxD Yes, you're right it is for MSI, specifically it's used locally by the MSI user interface.

I too have an MSI motherboard but, I don't have the MSI User Interface. it's primarily a tool for developers. here's the MSDN on it, if you want to read it over and decide if you need it enabled or not.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa372457(v=vs.85).aspx

Message 4 of 5 (345 Views)

★ Novice

Hate to say it, but it looks like the real issue is with the new installer itself.  Have had this issue for weeks now and sent in multiple tickets to no avail.  Used the legacy installer and works perfectly for Windows 10.  Sometimes fixing something that isn't broke tends to break more things.  Hopefully the issue gets fixed before Origin is forced upon people who want to play BF1 and they can't because of this.

Message 5 of 5 (317 Views)