Incredibly high ping on BF1/BFV? (PS4)

by momoro-bes

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Incredibly high ping on BF1/BFV? (PS4)

★★ Novice

I've had this issue since early October. Basically, my ping had been perfect since the day I started playing both of these games when connecting to Japan. For geographical context, I live in the Philippines. For no utter reason, my ping went sky high. When I tried to play today, my ping was 230. Two weeks ago, it was 170. I don't understand how I could go from 30 to 230 in the span of a month. I've checked with my ISP, everything seems to be in working order. I've done every single troubleshooting thing I could do. The most infuriating part of it all is that all my other games are working perfectly (including BF4). I'm honestly at the brink of just giving up... I contacted chat support and their solution is (get this) connect to Australia or the Middle East.

Message 1 of 2 (375 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Incredibly high ping on BF1/BFV? (PS4)

Community Manager

It sounds like you may be having issues with your connection @momoro-bes. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on and if you want to share your UO Trace then I'm happy to take a look at how your data is being routed.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (362 Views)

All Replies

Re: Incredibly high ping on BF1/BFV? (PS4)

Community Manager

It sounds like you may be having issues with your connection @momoro-bes. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on and if you want to share your UO Trace then I'm happy to take a look at how your data is being routed.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (363 Views)