Re: In answer to a question asked about BF3 - Answer for User: fussybaby915

by EA_Darko

Original Post

In answer to a question asked about BF3 - Answer for User: fussybaby915

★ Pro

@fussybaby915

You asked a question on another thread, and that didn't get an answer, instead got locked.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/BF3/m-p/4074897#M100268

EA_Darko locked that thread without answering your question, so I'll provide the answer you seek.

Your Question: "Can I still get an account on BF3 in 2020?"

Answer: Your Origin Account provides your Battlelog Account. Playing any Battlefield Game will automatically give you an account with Battlelog. This Battlelog Account applies to Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield 1, and Battlefield V, as well as additional titles that are currently under production as of August 2020. So, if you've got a Battlelog Account, then you'll have Battlefield 3 on it when you play Battlefield 3 Online.

Things to note: I'm not sure if Servers are still running for Battlefield 3.

Message 1 of 4 (456 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @GENERALZOOL if a thread is quite old we will lock it if it gets bumped, as happened here. In situations such as this if a post does not contain enough info to move to its own thread then we will ask the user to post again with as much info as possible so that we can help them as best we can.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (403 Views)

★ Pro
@EA_Darko
Are there any measures against Clone-Posting?

Clone-Posting is when an Old Topic is Cloned by the creation of a New Topic. An example of this is when multiple Threads are open about the same problem, most recently involving C&C Remastered and the Graphics related problem. About 10 different Threads exist for the same actual problem, all with the same solution set. Though, it should be noted, that the problem is the same across all 10 Threads, the Solutions vary, making it difficult for people to find an answer that works. Meaning a new Thread is born, making the problem worse and so on.

While I don't like Necro-Posting, if the topic is still relevant and a user posts a reply that is relevant to the topic, then is still a Necro-Post. For example, a person posts a question, and then a year goes by, and they finally get some sort of response, but that response is not the answer; instead, is another person with the same problem or just part of an answer. Then can it still be seen as a Necro-Post. Surely, it would be worse to Clone the post especially if the original person to have asked the original question is still hanging around for an answer.

People generally don't dig through Forums for an answer, this is because of the idea that there is too many topics to filter through manually. When there is 3000 Pages of Topics, that can be difficult to go through. Some time back, I made a post about how to use a DS4 Controller on BF4. About a month later, and I had seen someone who had then posted the question about how to use a DS4 Controller on BF4. They didn't read my post providing the solution, because they probably seen there was over 66000 Topics and assumed they wouldn't find their answer to their question.

I decided to test the Search tool, and found that I couldn't find my original Topic by typing in the question. I wrote the solution, and even I could not find the Topic. There is no TAGGING ability to 'TAG' keywords to help the engine out. I would of added the following as tags: DS4 Controller, Platform=PC, How To. Since the TAG Function doesn't exist, the Searching system doesn't find the topic.
Message 3 of 4 (356 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @GENERALZOOL if a user creates a thread that is similar or identical to one from some time ago then there is no issue with that, necro-posting, on the other hand, is against the AHQ User Rules and Guidelines, "Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example." The only time there would be an issue with a clone post as you call it would be if it is identical to an existing thread by the same user, this then could be considered spam. As for the example you gave, in these situations then a new thread would be in order rather than bumping an older one. 

If we see multiple threads for the same issue pop up around the same time then we will merge them, if however there are similar threads but have different working solutions then we will often leave them be as just because an issue appears similar does not mean that it is, especially if different things work for different people. Origin issues are a great example of this, you can have 10 people having similar issues but be caused by very different things and merging 10 threads together with 10 different solutions just gets messy. 

I used the search function there and was able to find a number of posts by you mentioning the DS4. Just because a user makes a thread that is similar to an existing one does not mean that they couldn't find a post, it can simply be that they didn't look or felt that they would prefer to create their own topic and there is no issue with that. We would always recommend using the search function to look for an existing recent thread for your issue but at the same time we are happy to help even if you make a new thread. 

I'm going to lock this thread now to stop it going further off-topic, but if you have further questions you can use the DM function to reach out.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (299 Views)