Impossible to unlink

by Lavendersaks

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Impossible to unlink

★★★★★ Newbie

After hours of trying to recover an expired EA account from years ago I was told that it's impossible to unlink and create a new account and unless I can prove I made an account years ago (I don't have access to the email used to make it) I've been on my Xbox account for 10 years and never have I been forced to access this EA account for any games except dragon age inquisition. EA "help" are delusional, and worthless.

Message 1 of 8 (708 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Impossible to unlink

Community Manager

Sorry to say @Lavendersaks but if you cannot verify account ownership then our team will be unable to assist you in unlinking a gamertag from an account.

The best thing to do is put together as much information as possible and contact our live support using the steps in this help article: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (682 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to say @Lavendersaks but if you cannot verify account ownership then our team will be unable to assist you in unlinking a gamertag from an account.

The best thing to do is put together as much information as possible and contact our live support using the steps in this help article: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (683 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Done this already, but they can't verify I made the account. Even though I've had the Xbox account for YEARS, EA refuse to use common sense and the only way to fix this issue is to DELETE my Xbox account of 10+years just so I can play a game. I've given your "support team" all information they asked for and won't even tell me WHY they can't prove it was me. Never buying an EA game again after this.
Message 3 of 8 (665 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This is my account, EA created a new account with my Xbox email for some reason... Stupid stupid company
Message 4 of 8 (646 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Lavendersaks EA would not create an account for you. If your Xbox email is linked to an EA account then it means that you or someone else made the account and added the email.

We cannot assist with account-based issues on AHQ so please speak with our live support in relation to any account issues. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 8 (611 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to say @quackcorbett but if you cannot verify ownership of an account then, unfortunately, our live support team will be unable to make any changes to the account or provide you access. We take security very seriously and as such the best thing to do is put together as much information as possible and speak with our team again. It's no harm trying to  regain access to the email your account is linked to if you do not have access already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (607 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Don't think you understand my situation which I explained to whoever I've spoken to. I was 10 years old when this account was made, my parents who now live in different parts of the world made the account, and the account they used is with an expired email from 8-9 years ago. 

[Removed by CM]

Message 7 of 8 (585 Views)

Community Manager

I understand your frustration @xLifeAndLimbx but as I said above, if you cannot verify ownership of an account then I'm sorry to say that our team would be unable to provide you access to the account or make any changes. If you cannot prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are the account owner then there is nothing more that can be done. I would suggest attempting to regain access to the linked email and then speaking with support again. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (580 Views)