Re: If I change my Xbox Gamertag will it delink it from my EA account?

by EA_Mako

Original Post

Accepted Solution

If I change my Xbox Gamertag will it delink it from my EA account?

★★★ Newbie

If I change my Xbox Gamertag will it delink it from my EA account?

I am currently unable to access my EA account online in order to delink my Xbox gamertag as my EA account has expired and I don’t have access to the email address to which it is linked. If I change my Xbox gamertag will this in effect delink it from EA? So I can then link a new EA account to my renamed gamertag? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (1,857 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @Woodifield,

Changing your gamertag would not unlink it from that particular EA Account, and without access to the EA Account itself it wouldn't be possible to just remove the link.

If you no longer have access to that old email address to make changes to your EA Account, you'll want to just reach out to an advisor.

We'll need to verify some additional account information but can then just get that email updated for you so you can access everything normally again.

That's not something we can do via the forums as we'll need to verify some account details, but you can find more information on how to reach them over at the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,835 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Woodifield,

Changing your gamertag would not unlink it from that particular EA Account, and without access to the EA Account itself it wouldn't be possible to just remove the link.

If you no longer have access to that old email address to make changes to your EA Account, you'll want to just reach out to an advisor.

We'll need to verify some additional account information but can then just get that email updated for you so you can access everything normally again.

That's not something we can do via the forums as we'll need to verify some account details, but you can find more information on how to reach them over at the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,836 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have the same problem, I no longer have access to the email account that I would have used to set up the EA account. It would have been set up to play an EA game on Xbox live ~10 years ago, so not even sure what the email address would have been.

I’ve spoken to your support staff via chat (as you’ve suggested above), and been advised that the account that my Xbox gamer tag is linked to has been deleted, and I need to restore the account. However, without knowing what the address is, or having access to it I’m unable to restore it. Further more, I wouldn’t have deleted the account, so must have been done so automatically at some point between the time I last used it (maybe 8 or 9 years) and now.

This leaves me in a position where I’m not able to sign in to any EA game via Xbox live, as I can’t restore the account, and your support staff aren’t able to help at all. I’ve hit a brick wall that essentially means I can’t play (therefore won’t buy) any EA games in the future, which seems crazy.

Any further help (beyond speaking to an adviser, as they can’t do anything), would be appreciated. I have no issues you unlinking my Xbox gamer tag, loosing my original EA account and starting again, but even that isn’t an option as I’ve been advised the first step to any resolution is restoring an account that I don’t remember any of the details about, or have access to which ever email address I’d have used at the time. 

Message 3 of 4 (1,515 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @FusionD please do not bump older threads such as this.

If our live support cannot assist then there is nothing that we can do to change this on AHQ.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (1,501 Views)