Re: If I Uninstall Origin will all of my Sims 4 files be deleted?

by Tt032006

Original Post

Accepted Solution

If I Uninstall Origin will all of my Sims 4 files be deleted?

★★ Novice

I am currently experiencing the 9.0 error where you are supposed to Uninstall and Reinstall Origin in order to fix it, but I am worried that if I uninstall Origin I will lose all of my Sims 4 progress. I have a lot that I have built and a lot of households on Sims 4. Will those files still remain safe even if I uninstall Origin and then Reinstall it, or will uninstalling Origin wipe all of those files?

Message 1 of 6 (16,473 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hi, @RenJinguji999

No, your Sims 4 files will be safe when you delete the origin client.

The uninstallation of the Origin client will not remove local save game files and will certainly not delete online saves. You will be completely safe! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (16,939 Views)

All Replies

Hi, @RenJinguji999

No, your Sims 4 files will be safe when you delete the origin client.

The uninstallation of the Origin client will not remove local save game files and will certainly not delete online saves. You will be completely safe! Standard smile

Message 2 of 6 (16,940 Views)

★ Novice

If I do a complete reset to my computer and redownload Origin, will I be able to download the Sims 4 and all my packs again?

Message 3 of 6 (16,454 Views)

Hi, @justacalgarykid

Yes you are able to redownload the Sims 4 and all packs again.

Message 4 of 6 (16,415 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had a similar issue I had to take everything off my computer and redownload origin. I've signed back in with the same account all my stuff is gone how do I get the game and all my packs back on. I tried putting the disc back in but it says the code has already been used. I had alot of packs and I'm worried if I just buy another base Sims 4 game I won't get my packs back.

Message 5 of 6 (4,944 Views)

Community Manager

@Tt032006 Hey, the thread you've posted in is an old one which hasn't been active for about 5 years, so we'll close it as a necropost. 

As for your issue, it really does look like an account mixup, can you try any other login details you might have used in the past?

If you have no luck with that, please reach out to support, they can look into this. It may help to keep a product code/CD Key to hand. 

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 6 (4,910 Views)