Re: [IMPORTANT] Great Game Guarantee

by haiiimdigz

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

yep just providing false promises, the last patch didn't even begin to fix the miriad of issues with simcity, i still get a message that a building needs water when it is clearly connected and i have 236k/hr excess, but now it is too late to get a refund ven though the patch was only half assed!

Message 11 of 43 (1,198 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It waould also be nice if we didn't have to go through origin with their buggy time wasting software, In long for the days when we could just pop a cd in and play! now EA is in nso much of a hurry to make money they release a half baked copy of what could be a fantastic game if they would have just taken their time and polished it properly before release, i will not be purchasing anything fromm EA because i can't play my sims to due to a change in e-mail addresses, so i am SOL thanks to EA and their propriatary BS

Message 12 of 43 (1,194 Views)

Community Manager

@worzi133 wrote:

i can't play my sims due to a change in e-mail addresses

Would you care to elaborate? I haven't come across a case where an email address change would prevent someone from playing a game.

If at all, it might require a Game Advisor to look into it for you, but they should be able to fix anthing like this. You can contact a Game Advisor at https://help.ea.com/contact-us 

Message 13 of 43 (1,191 Views)

★ Apprentice

LOL great policy BUT...

... I have e-mail confirmation (BF4 Premium, 28aug2013) but NO order is shown in history so I can't request anything.

Nice job!

I think your refund request status statistics will go great!! We just can't ask it!

Message 14 of 43 (1,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is it possible to refund the digital copy of SimCity (Mac) I purchased. I launched my copy of the game within the last 3 hours and I'm unhappy with the way the game plays and feels. it's nothing like I imagined it to be. My problem is that although the game fits the criteria of being launched by me within the last 24 hours. It doesn't have a “Request a Refund” link even though I should be elegible for one.

Message 15 of 43 (1,178 Views)

Community Manager

@thepunisherita wrote:

LOL great policy BUT...

... I have e-mail confirmation (BF4 Premium, 28aug2013) but NO order is shown in history so I can't request anything.

Nice job!

I think your refund request status statistics will go great!! We just can't ask it! 

Pre-orders are not part of the Great Game Guarantee program, only Full Game Digital Downloads purchased from the Origin Store. If you would like to cancel or update your pre-order, please contact a Game Advisor at https://help.ea.com/contact-us and they will be happy to assist you with that.

haiiimdigz, I believe that this is due to the game being available since March (the game can be played on PC and Mac with a single purchase) and you are now beyond the 7 days after purchase.

Message 16 of 43 (1,161 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My order history is blank.

So not only is Sim City unplayable, it doesn't seem to exist?!

Message 17 of 43 (1,154 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thank goodness or you would still be waiting for the game to download long before you could play it the 24 hrs would be long gone due to the inferior origin download service, Steam is excellent if anyone cares.

Message 18 of 43 (1,155 Views)

Hero (Retired)

SIMCITY NOT IN ORIGIN

@artistry791

The only reasons SimCity wouldn't be in My Games is if it wasn't activated, your account glitched or you're logging in to the wrong account. If you purchased a digital download or DLC you would have received a confirmation email to the correct email/username. If you have other account accesses, try those to.

Otherwise, a Game Advisor can verify your account status. You can contact them via Live Chat from your computer.

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2 Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

Message 19 of 43 (1,149 Views)

★ Novice

How can i use this Great Game Guarantee on Sim City?

For Pc there are now 7 Updates out and i have waited 169 days for the Mac Version.

I started the Mac Version after 45 Houers of Downloading!! 4 Crashes !!

I first got 80% then i had to restart at 62%.

It crashes again at 70% with a restart at 60%

And a last crash at 68% and a restart at 54%

After nearly 2 Days i get the Download!

Then i started Sim City.

In the Startwindow is a Sound bug.

If you klick outside the Startwindow of Sim City the sound got mute but before it comes to Silence there is an worse permanent crackling.

and the default graphic setting an Imac 27 is not supported.

this are only 2 bugs i found in 3 Minutes.

I thought the Mac version should run without errors after nearly 6 months.

Message 20 of 43 (1,146 Views)